World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any tips for a few geordie lads planning a trip to portpatrick and surrounding area next bank holiday?. mostly shore but fancy a half day on a boat if anyone can recommend one. we were planning on spinning/float fishing off some rock marks but not sure where's good this time of year

·
Registered
4 Posts
any tips for a few geordie lads planning a trip to portpatrick and surrounding area next bank holiday?. mostly shore but fancy a half day on a boat if anyone can recommend one. we were planning on spinning/float fishing off some rock marks but not sure where's good this time of year
Hi Dave, if you want half a day on a charter boat give us a call on 07973920835 Silverline fishing trips, i have a new boat for next year 2008 a nice big cat, plenty of deckspace, we fish from Portpatrick and are now taking bookings for next year or give us a call when you are down, regards, Paul.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
helo mate im from durham and travel up scotland most wekends fishing.il let u know if we guna b around that wekend and cud maybe catch up with yas for a session, GAZ.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hi lads,live in Whitley Bay myself. Been fishing the MOG for years though. If its boat fishing you want go with Ian Burrett,Drummore. I think the tope are still viable ????????????????

He has 4 boats and it is $180 quid a day,the boat takes 4 anglers. Ian launches at 9 and comes back in at 17.00. If you book the boat yourself its your choice - the norm is either a tope hunt,pollack bashing or a species hunt?

If the fish are there Ian is the man! got a pb pollack with Onyermarks two months ago

11.25lbs,I put her back lads - only way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got this tope with Ian last year

http://www.seafishingscotland.co.uk/ here is the link if you want it. As far as Port Patrick goes do not fish the harbour.

Either fish by the "Yellow Isle" just a half mile walk north of the main car park - -just past the radio masts.

Or take the 200000 steps heading south from the harbour by Dunsky Castle.

Good pollack marks. Put them back lads :) hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts