World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi lads just checked the tides for this monday or tuesday a bit dissapointin really what with a full moon and all.:g:
has any body got any ideas were to give it a go high water over the next couple of days or nights.
well my burfday money is in :clap2: yippee gonna be buyin my bait pump tomorrow :clap3: from Morcombe angling center if i decide to give it a go and am up that way. that is im thinkin i might try sandside or the outflow at hewysham or the wall wot do you lads think :idea: can anybody tell me any good good places to try it out and practice if i get one.
suppose if the tides are no good i could on the fly ??:clap2:
any info/advice would be good thanks lads

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tides are quite small at the moment so not too many worms showing, as they get larger more worms show, about two weeks off.
From Lancashire - is big place - best places to try are Ainsdale, Southport, or Cleveleys FiveBarGate . . . Cleveleys has quite a few pumpers who will 'guide' you the ropes. Ainsdale is a very long walk and not many pumpers.
Give us an idea . . . . .

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
kimone i have pumped a few worms this week at Cleveleys and have found even on these little tides there are lots of casts and the worms are really easy honest!!I fished the wall at Blackpool this weekend and didn,t catch much till after high tide dogs and whiting however this was down to lack of darkness so i recon that it will fish quite well on these later tides however fish bait will be best .

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fellas i probably will get my pump tuesday and do sandside after the flatties but probably only get to practice next week
thanks again for the imput lads

·
Registered
64 Posts
Keep at it mate, bit hit and miss at first but i soon got hang of it. good luck. Don't buy sp washer from there, much cheaper all over.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
me and my mate are going to knottend tomorrow evening , low water is at 6.10 pm so should start walking at around 3.30 ish
cuberd

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi cupboardlad
could i join you tomorrow i could get my pump and follow u around and maybe learn sumatt

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
aye ian , see you on the carpark at around 3 . 30 pm
only bring one rod and a rucksack or summat , oh and yer rodrest
cuberd

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi can you tell me how to get there and how far is this walk gonna be you said 3.30 to 6.00 ish..... some walk that mate i presume that includes looking for bait LOL
I HOPE cheers

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hi kimone

1. where you coming from matey ????

2. was talking to a environment agency guy last time i was there and he told me why i was so knacked ............depending on how far round onto low your going its 1.5 mile out and the same back and theres plenty of worm on the way out cause i only pumped for 10 mins and had loads ,

tightlines.........................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
were meeting on the carpark just before you get to the slipway facing fleetwood , its just behind the cafe

the walk is around half an hour so we should be fishing just after 4 oclock,
if your coming from the m6 towards clevelys ,, once you turn left at the lights just after the ditch field glass place and you bear right at the shell petrol station then the road snakes a bit and you go past the speed camera and come to the lights ; turn right at the lights and follow that road untill you come to a very sharp right hand bend , keep left here and go on in a straight line , once you come to the end of that road go left and you can either drive straight into the sea down the slipway or turn left onto the carpark, thats were we will be
cuberd

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bloody Hell Thats A Long Walk
I Would Be Coming From Wigan But I Have Gotta Be Honest I Think The Walk Would Bugger Me Up Ya See I Put My Bike Into A Wall Last Year And My Back Has Not Been The Same Since .....this Is My Plan 4 Tomorrow (tuesday) Get To Morcombe Pick Up My Pump And Some Frozen Stuff Bout 9.30 Ish Find A High Water Mark Close (sandside Or The Wall At Heysham)
Then Ave A Play With My New Shiny Pump Thing Somewhere I Might Ave A Ride To Knott End And See What I Think But I Might Be A Bit Heavey For A Piggy Back Back If Me Back Gives Out ...lolol..lolol..lolol

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
nowt better than a good walk to sort yer back out ian , i get sciattica and a long walk sorts it out good style
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
nowt better than a good walk to sort yer back out ian , i get sciattica and a long walk sorts it out good style
cuberd

i agree with cubby on this one ,

my matey jay {madazrex} had a particularly bad accident last year spent 2months {or there abouts } in hospital and had a back brace on when released ,he's still visiting chiropractors now and he did the walk out to low the other week said he felt fine the only place it gets you is the calf muscles but it was raining and it was extremely muddy ,in this weather it will be a nice trek the breeze has dropped from yesterday and the suns out

tightlines.............................daz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts