World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these of ebay and thought well if it doesn't work out I can use it as a candle during power cuts. For a 2 led lamp it gives a fair amount of light with a low battery drain. I stuck 3 AA's in it and 48hrs later there was only slight signs of dimming. I can't tell if it's ok in the wet though. There's a slide up reflector on the back that does throw more light forwards but it looks like water could run down and for all I know finish up in the battery compartment. It's a neat little thing.

Anybody tried one. I don't think it's on as an only light source but should give a nice friendly glow on dark nights.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As you lot were no help :) I put it under the tap. Water does run down the back and down past the battery compartment and out again at the very bottom of the battery compartment.
The answer is a bit of glue with reflector up if 180 degree lighting is needed or down if 360 degrees.

On output I would say the light levels are a bit lower than those lead acid florescent tube ones after they have been on for a while. Not bad really and much much smaller and lighter.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts