World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any experience fishing with the above rod, I know its rated up to about 5oz and is more of a continental style rod at 15ft, I usually use afaw gb fs pro rods for my Bristol channel fishing but wanted something lighter for some flattie fishing, I've already bought the rod off of Ebay and it looks unused any info much appreciated

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Has anyone got any experience fishing with the above rod, I know its rated up to about 5oz and is more of a continental style rod at 15ft, I usually use afaw gb fs pro rods for my Bristol channel fishing but wanted something lighter for some flattie fishing, I've already bought the rod off of Ebay and it looks unused any info much appreciated
Nice rods that cast quite well, just dont go expecting lots of power in the middle and butt section.

Heres a mate chucking 5oz on one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkees9vrsfk0mra/20180204_155701.mp4?dl=0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use mine all the time love it to bits chucks a 120 perfect and holds the bottom surprisingly well with such a small weight. Bite detection is amazing and although it's meant for lighter fish mines never struggled with big smoothies. To be totally honest it's the only rod i wouldn't ever sell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use mine all the time love it to bits chucks a 120 perfect and holds the bottom surprisingly well with such a small weight. Bite detection is amazing and although it's meant for lighter fish mines never struggled with big smoothies. To be totally honest it's the only rod i wouldn't ever sell.
Cheers, have used mine a few times now near the Severn bridges onto cleaner ground (mud) and in calmer conditions its ideal, like you say the bite detection is great:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts