World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im new to this site but got told about it off a couple of ppl ive met off sea-fishing.org i was just wondering does anyone regualr fish canvey and essex shore lines as ive been to canvey lots of times with a couple of friends of the other website and was wanting to venture out further so if anyone has any ideas give me a shout

G

·
There are plenty of Essex anglers on here sjp but as they will readily admit they are not as good as us Kent ones:) . Welcome to the site, i'm sure there will be plenty of replies to you later when they get back from the woods:g:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
There are plenty of Essex anglers on here sjp but as they will readily admit they are not as good as us Kent ones:) . Welcome to the site, i'm sure there will be plenty of replies to you later when they get back from the woods:g:

Hi SJP, welcome to WSF. :)

There are plenty of us here in Essex and dont believe a word Cascars says. We sent a small expeditionary team down to hop-picking land and they gave them a good seeing to in the art of sea angling!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the site mate. There are plenty of us from Essex on here and I am sure that any one of us would happily go out and drown a few worms with you.
If it is further afield you want to go then contact Ashley from Rayleigh:) :) :)
As long as you have transport you could end up anywhere, and not always where you were origanally going lol.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Welcome to the site mate. There are plenty of us from Essex on here and I am sure that any one of us would happily go out and drown a few worms with you.
If it is further afield you want to go then contact Ashley from Rayleigh:) :) :)
As long as you have transport you could end up anywhere, and not always where you were origanally going lol.
That is so true, just keep away from leap beach in Hampshire.

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys well i live just outside in romford and im always up for wetting a line and learning all about sea fishing as im used to catching salmon and trout on the fly so yes ppl ima beginner caster and sea fisherman haha.

so any ne angling friends would be very welcomed

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hi sjp welcome to the site. As for what Cascars said the Essex team absolutely thrashed the Kent lads at Dungie and you are welcome to join us at Felixstowe on the 15th April to help us repeat the thrashing. It will be a great day with meeting everyone and some very funny banter being the main reason for meeting, the match is an added bonus.
I fish mid to north Essex mainly, that's from the Dengie Peninsula up to St Osyth, so if your heading up this way give me a yell.
As for meeting up with Ashley, don't forget your fire extinguisher:)
Someone will explain that remark :)

Steve

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha thanks mate and ohhhd ear he aint a arsonist is he haha. so what is the competition involve then and i dont think i am any good just yet to be getting a tharhing of u guys or lettibng the side down haha. but hey ya never know mate. so what would i need ?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Haha thanks mate and ohhhd ear he aint a arsonist is he haha. so what is the competition involve then and i dont think i am any good just yet to be getting a tharhing of u guys or lettibng the side down haha. but hey ya never know mate. so what would i need ?
Ash is quite character and his name says it all. :)
As for the Essex Kent matches, match fishing is just a little bit of added fun, The most important parts of the day involve a good cafe for breakfast, a good pub for sorting out the results and the odd drink plus a nice comfortable place to fish, after that it's all down to a level of banter which should be starting again any day now and thoroughly enjoying yourself.
If your interested all the details of the return match will be in the meets forum in the South East section, take a look and I hope you can make it.

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ash is quite character and his name says it all. :)
As for the Essex Kent matches, match fishing is just a little bit of added fun, The most important parts of the day involve a good cafe for breakfast, a good pub for sorting out the results and the odd drink plus a nice comfortable place to fish, after that it's all down to a level of banter which should be starting again any day now and thoroughly enjoying yourself.
If your interested all the details of the return match will be in the meets forum in the South East section, take a look and I hope you can make it.
Well as i hardly know any fishing buddies down here in the south i am willing to give it go and hopefully meet alot more new mates and as i live in esex i think i shud give it a go.

so tell me what kinda gear will i need for this and bait tactics or am i asking for too much incase the kent men try and steal the ideas haha

G

·
so tell me what kinda gear will i need for this and bait tactics or am i asking for too much incase the kent men try and steal the ideas haha
Don't worry about secrets:secret: sjp, aside from Cascars, I don't think any of the hop pickers can read too well :)

Ubd

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't worry about secrets:secret: sjp, aside from Cascars, I don't think any of the hop pickers can read too well :)

Ubd
Hahaha thanks mate well just the normal stuff then and by the way i just read the felixstowe and have put my name down but god how do i get there haha i dont know essex too well i live in romford but originally from up north (the lake district)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hahaha thanks mate well just the normal stuff then and by the way i just read the felixstowe and have put my name down but god how do i get there haha i dont know essex too well i live in romford but originally from up north (the lake district)
Full directions etc. will be posted soon

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nice one issy im looking forward to it mate so where do u normally fish?
St Osyth in the winter and anywhere from Mersea to North Fambridge in the summer, with odd trips to just about anywhere from Grays to Aldeburgh and even into kent, but the Blackwater estuary is my favourite.

G

·

Straight down the A12 to Ipswich, turn right on the roundabout onto A14, then follow the signs for the truckstop just over the bridge, thats where we're going to meet up

hth

Ubd

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OhhdearDJM thats bad but funny hope ur finger is better and didnt think it was bait a u were ****ed :)

Thats good then issy too so have u ever fished the crouch?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts