World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone had fished Porth Trwyn or Porth Trefadog, East of Holyhead? Like the look of the smaller beaches along that stretch and wondered if anyone had any experience of them, what baits work best, tactics etc???
Many thanks in advance?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fish Trefadog often,I fish off the point on the left of the bay,mainly using lug catching dogfish,wrasse, and the occasional bass.
I also fish off the near right point casting into the bay, catching the same species.
Will try and use squid with lug next time.
Be aware of the large waves comming off the ferries as they come in!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fish Trefadog often,I fish off the point on the left of the bay,mainly using lug catching dogfish,wrasse, and the occasional bass.
I also fish off the near right point casting into the bay, catching the same species.
Will try and use squid with lug next time.
Be aware of the large waves comming off the ferries as they come in!!
Thanks for the response, was on the way to the Island so haven't read it until just now! Not to worry, I fished the next beach up and Church Bay but had a bad week with nothing to report - weed and wind conspired against me!

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.