World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me new beachcaster and shelter for a bit of overnight winter cod fishing. First venue: the blast at seaham. Iv heard its a good beach up there and its close to home.

Any reports, catches, tips on what bait is best or just any general info would be appreciated cheers lads.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks andy im still a bit new to this mate. Will do, already been down the blast lost about £20 worth of tackle haha far too snaggy for a inexperienced lad like me. Nearly every cast lost either a weight or the hook but still loved it tho its the taking part what counts at the minute. Read a few more threads now so i think il be more prepaired for fishing the rough grounds in the northeast next time fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply, good luck and tight lines mate

·
Registered
87 Posts
Micky, check out Seaham Sea Angling Club as they have Seaham North Pier. Membership runs Jan to Jan so dinnit join until the new year. £35 for the year and you get a key for the gate Some canny fishing on there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gary iv spoke to a lass in the angling club when i popped in gor some bait and she told me to join its supposed to be really good and plenty of competitions to enter aswell. Im defo going to join. More for making friends and learning off more experienced blokes and ladys then anything else

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice 1 gary, il definitely be joining and that will be class il take you up on that offer mate. Im "very keen but a bit green" haha. Even though iv caught next to no fish while seafishing im still loving it, i go for the crack and it will be even better when i start pulling fish in. Im on here (this site) all the time trying to learn different tips but nothing will beat being alongside 1 of you lads with a bit experience.
Il follow you on this site and be intouch when i get my membership mate

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You can fish from the spiles on the north pier up to the gates,good parking as well.
Also park up near the harbour road and try the green wall by the south pier.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea ******* iv heard the green walls supposed to be good il be giving it a bash this winter mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts