World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about giving Chesil a go just past Ferrybridge on Friday through the day , just wounder if anyone thought it would be fishable with the wind thats expected .
Any help would be welcome :notworthy

·
Registered
347 Posts
yes yes and a bit more yes!!!

just been digging two nights in a row so ill stand in top of the bank and cast if need be:)

dunno which end to try been weymouth end twice in a row good sessions but no cod well none untill friday :)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
The swell makes Chesil unfishable not the wind and at 1 metre, you'll be absolutely fine.
If you're after cod, i'd personally wait for a big blow (wed/thur/fri next week).
I fished Chesil too many times last year in calm conditions, wasted 100's on bait and petrol with no joy.
Your chances will increase dramatically if the water is coloured.
Don't let this put you off though, you have to be in it to win it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The swell makes Chesil unfishable not the wind and at 1 metre, you'll be absolutely fine.
If you're after cod, i'd personally wait for a big blow (wed/thur/fri next week).
I fished Chesil too many times last year in calm conditions, wasted 100's on bait and petrol with no joy.
Your chances will increase dramatically if the water is coloured.
Don't let this put you off though, you have to be in it to win it.
Good luck.
Going to give it a go anyway but thanks for yor advise :notworthy

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi there. my mate and i are thinking of driving from south wales to try our luck along chesil beach.
we have two small tents as we intend to stay a couple of nights, is there any place with car park that we could pitch our tents whilst we fish at night an hopefully get some shut eye during the day !!

·
Registered
347 Posts
hi there. my mate and i are thinking of driving from south wales to try our luck along chesil beach.
we have two small tents as we intend to stay a couple of nights, is there any place with car park that we could pitch our tents whilst we fish at night an hopefully get some shut eye during the day !!
head to the weymouth end there is a car park towards portland its 6 quid for 24 hours. put your tent on the beach set an alarm and get an hour at a time and keep on fishing thats what i do woke up to a 4 pound bass two weeks ago:)

i wouldnt advise setting a tent up near the car park as its a nature reserve but im not sure on the rules. hope this helps and hope you get a lunker!

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks for the good advice, We will bare this in mind but an alarm clock is a definite no no as i'm of the age where i need my sleep !!,don't mind fishing six or ten hour sessions but then comes ssssleep !!.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts