World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going Saturday probably kessingland what's conditions like. Webcam looks ok now as is wnw but supposed to turn ENE

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN OUT RECENTLY

·
Registered
269 Posts
Was there last night and it was very rough , with the wind coming along the beach when we set up making casting a nightmare , but later in the night the wind came round so it was behind and it was much better , I did manage to lose 5 sets of gear in snags though something I have never had at kessingland before , only caught whiting with a few keepers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went Saturday (middayish) to Dunwich. Hellish rough and loads of weed! Gave up after a couple of hours, just too much of a battle! Nevertheless, whilst I was there, saw a middle aged/oldish couple strip off and try and go for a swim!!!! Utter madness. Huge waves, lots of undertow etc. She ventured in first up to her knees, first wave knocked her over flat, she quickly scrambled upright but then a second knocked her over again. Husband goes in, and he gets ****ed as well!! Both crawl out and give up. She (and he) could so easily have been pulled out to sea and that would have been that for her/them!! No lifeboat would have been able to launch, even if one was near enough to try a rescue!! Some people have sh*t for brains.
Anyway, still had my worms (lug & rag from Avenue) so decided to drown them down at Thorpeness on Sunday 28th. Got to beach at about 8.00am, no-one there. First cast 3 nice whiting! Loads of whiting all day - kept 7 or 8 for the pot. Hour later a decent flounder - keeper and just before low water, broad daylight, a tremendous bang on my Century Bass rod, which I thought was a Bass, but turned out to be a lovely sole 38cms long!! (Three hook flapper 1/0 hooks). Happy, happy days and it just goes to show that you never know whats around the corner!! Keep the faith! Not a bad impromptu session at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts