World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
mackerel have been caught from the boats in the solent and from eastney beach about two weeks ago the smoothounds are starting to show on the beaches and tope and smoothies are being caught on the boats. No sign of the bream yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bloke running my local tackle shop swears that 62 mackeral were caught from South Parade Pier on Sat 2nd April, he got no reason to lie ? And I've heard truck loads of Herring are already being landed in the Solent area.

Blanker

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Brighton marina came alive with mackeral on the bigger tides last week, plenty of bigger fish as well, and a friend and myself took a hundred herring between us off the long arm. Thats the pike baits sorted.............

·
Registered
890 Posts
Blanker said:
Bloke running my local tackle shop swears that 62 mackeral were caught from South Parade Pier on Sat 2nd April, he got no reason to lie ? And I've heard truck loads of Herring are already being landed in the Solent area.

Blanker
they were not herring but scad southsea sea front was alive with them

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fished Chesil last Friday week (afternoon and evening) managed to catch a decent macky on a bomber rig that had been stripped by spider crabs. The macky went for the bling on the snood. A bloke tried feathering just up from me and managed to get a few. He cracked off on the next cast, so that ended the feathering. They were being caught around Lyme bay in December and January according to one of the locals.

·
Registered
29 Posts
was driving along the seafront at brighton between the brighton pier and west pier and saw the gulls going nuts 10/20 yards from the shore. i would say in my past exsperience that its either a shoal mackie or sandeels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blankin Barry said:
Fished Chesil last Friday week (afternoon and evening) managed to catch a decent macky on a bomber rig that had been stripped by spider crabs. The macky went for the bling on the snood. A bloke tried feathering just up from me and managed to get a few. He cracked off on the next cast, so that ended the feathering. They were being caught around Lyme bay in December and January according to one of the locals.

lol i was there friday week and i caught a hermit crab,had 2 rocklings saturday though

·
Registered
7 Posts
mate of my had a nice bream on sunday about mile and a half off pagham,there were a few mackerel about but not worth shouting about.

V

·
0 Posts
spoke to dave who runs beach tackle south parade about the 64 mackies,afraid it ain't so blanker,did your local tackle dealer over order the feather's or some thing!
p.s.would'nt be lock,stock and tackle would it(just curious) :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is that dave who runs the tackle hut on south parade pier? ive had pollak off there so far but no mackeral, the pollack are taking feathers and theres a shitload of them about.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is worth remembering that SOME tackle shop owners will tell you bloody anything if they think you will buy a few sets of feathers or a couple of pounds of lug. If people in the tackle trade reflected the real lack of fish in their advice then we would all probably take up golf ! It is probably worth me adding that not all tackle shops do this before I get swamped with complaints :)

P

·
0 Posts
caught one mackie behind sea life centre portsmouth about 3 wks ago,plenty showing at chesil(at times!) :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Went down to abbotsbury on friday for 45 minutes had half a dozen mackerel, it was first use for my Penn 4 piece rod which cast impressively well considering all the joints in it, now lives in the boot of my car for spur of the moment trips.

V

·
0 Posts
nah!got banned from the sea life centre last august,old bill took me spear gun an all,still got me snorkel tho!!! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts