World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup people - my dad (good old chap) wants to take up fly fishing (mainly freshwater) - are there any good forums for beginners?

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to get private lessons around Penarth / Cardiff? (he would need to learn the basics first)

any advice / help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Registered
213 Posts
I find the fly fishing mags very informative and i think they will help your dad alot.He may find a tutor in there aswell as some advertise and there are plenty of phone numbers websites ect and sometimes they have free catalouges feel free to ask any more questions.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Sup people - my dad (good old chap) wants to take up fly fishing (mainly freshwater) - are there any good forums for beginners?

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to get private lessons around Penarth / Cardiff? (he would need to learn the basics first)

any advice / help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Try SEXYLOOPS fly fishing forum on the web lots of usefull info there. There are game angling instructors in your area. APGI and STANIC approved. Not sure of current hourly rates.
PM me though if you need any advice. I'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Phone Dyffryn Springs (02920595929) and book him a lesson.The bloke who ran the Lakes when I used to fish there often taught people how to fly fish.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yes,I saw him giving a lesson one day he seemed very competent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts