World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there - having a bit of difficulty with my Coleman Northstar DuelFuel Lantern.
Having followed instructions to the latter to set it up (pre-burning the mantle, not overfilling, pre pumping 25-40 times etc) - I find I always lose the white light after about 30 seconds (or less). It seems air pressure is being lost somewhere.
Once lit - after a further 20-30 pumps - which makes it brilliant white - the thing starts to fade immediatley - and 30 seconds later is actually going out. Ive noticed the pump handle has a tendency to push out on its own when there is pressure, and I can hear air (and more worryingly a small amount of fuel) comming back into the pump space.

Is it normal for any air(fumes) at all to seep back into the pumpspace and out?
I notice a small screw head light fitting at the base of the pump - am tempted to turn this clockwise / anticlockwise to see if any better seal is made - just thought I'd shout here first. - I am sure after 30-40 pumps I should expect better than 30 seconds white light - and the escaping air/fumes from around the pump handle seems more than a little worrying...

Only bought it a week or so ago from barry angling ....

Oh and sometimes it whistles like an old fasioned kettle only much much louder (embarresingly so) - is this normal lol?

Any help with advice appreciated (whether coleman or any other fuel burning lantern experience)

Thx in advance

Chris

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Chris,

Why mess about, take it back to the shop and explain. They will or should test it for you and if wrong give you a replacement. It is guaranteed for a year, don't mess about with it or you will invalidate the guarantee.

As it is only a week old refuse to have it repaired, demand a new one.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts