World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to the hobby i need all the help I can get,

I'm heading over to Dinas 11th Sept for a week, and have read the Stickies for the Marks, but imagine they have the habit of changing

Looking at most of the Threads its best 2 Hrs pre and post dusk, which looks like its going to fall in with the High Tide

Hoping to grab some rag, Lug and mackrel with me, and have a box full of shiney new shads and spinners my wife got for me

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was there last week on my hols and fished it a couple of times over high as im told this is the best time(apparently in the dark when the holiday makers have gone always seems to produce better). 2 hours either side of high tide. Apparently the bigger the tides the better as this means you are casting into deeper water over high tide.

I just fished from the shingle at the top of the beach where two gullys merged into one. I had a bass about 3lb and a dog fish also, both on lug. Before a gill netter came along in his dingy and dragged his net out infront and across where i was fishing.:bangin:

There isn't much bait to collect there although i did dig a few small sandworms and found a few small clams to add to the Lug i had already taken with me. So i would say make sure you have bait with you. There is a tackle shop in caernarfon which gets fresh lug in most days and the chap in there was most helpful when i dropped in to pick up a few bits.

Other people on here who fish it regular maybe able to give you further information. Anyway, hope this helps a bit,

Tight Lines

1 - 2 of 2 Posts