World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the correct propeller for my Evinrude 70HP VRO 1990? It has a13-3/4 x15 at present but not sure if it would suit the boat I'm going to put it on.
It will be going onto my Hardy 18 Fisherman, weight about 580kg's with a Evinrude VRO 70HP 1990 two stroke,someone answered that they usually have a 13 1/2 by 19 but I'm lost at present,the prop has seen better days so I was thinking of changing it but don't want to buy a new prop if it isn't correct for the boat.
Thank's for any help.
Bill.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’d go for a 15 pitch but you won’t know if it’s ok until it’s fitted and you check your revs at WOT

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers that's what is on there now,so maybe I'll just wait and give her a few outings then decide, just trying to get everything ready before I launch her.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Just as important is to get the mounting height right which needs to be done before experimenting with prop sizes. When the boat is fully on the plane, you should be able to see the top of the AV plate (not the top of the splash plate just above it) on a flat-ish hull you'll probably get this if the AV plate is about an inch higher than the bottom of the keel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts