World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv been sea fiahing most weekends for about 3 months now. would anyone be willing to let me tag along to learn next weekend? id really luke to learn about my local marks, im from glasgow, so ayrshire and greenock/gourock are my locals and id love to be able to catch a fish instead of crabs!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Anywhere and everywhere mate, depends on the weather and whats biting. A lot of fresh water just now for big pike but once the winds die it will be the coast somewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Think thats my next thing for this summer , buying a kayak was looking at the galaxy kayak on ebay at christmas but just save for a couple of months n get a good one as reviews for the galaxy are not great

·
Registered
564 Posts
I am not going to comment on the make you have mentioned. I have a couple of friends who have them and love them. I have never paddled them so honestly couldnt say.

I am sponsored by Jackson kayaks so have a Jackson kayak. Im not going to rant and rave about them as that would be unfair and biased and expected of a sponsored kayak fisherman. Thats why I always offer to take people out to have a shot on one and make their own mind up. I also have a moken 10 lite which was my first propper fishing kayak.

Yeah I fish Ayrshire, not so much the sea there but some of the freshwater around. I tend to prefer the N.W sea lochs as they ususally offer better shelter and if you puck the right tides they do half the work for you.

If you are looking at getting one you should join central Scotland kayak anglers on Facebook. Great bunch of guys and regular trips out. Lots of photos and reports.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reviews all seem to be american am not saying there bad or good just no solid review. Might take you up on that ave got p&h touring kayaks at loch fine but want a fishing kayak. You a member mate?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah mate I am a member. If Chris questions why you want to join just say big Dave Sent you.

They dont usually let non kayakers join, not to dishearten anyone. Just dont want the place filled with people who dont own or no intention of.owning a kayak and just want to see pictures when its for kayaking and arranging meets, comps etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi mate, am working up Glasgow till mid July (erskine), will be fishing most Monday and Tuesday nights if you fancy it? Will do maybe a odd weekend every few months but will be travelling to the sea lochs or Arbroath or the mull after may.
Floating fisherman, could I take you up on your offer one weekend? Am looking at getting into kayak fishing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worrys hikack away lol im not a great swimmer so i would never trust myself in a kayak. i done it once at the natioanal water spirts centre in notts and almost killed myself. thanks very much for the offer though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts