World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i am wanting to plan a trip to africa for a bit of decent fishing and was wondering if anyone on the site has been fishing over in africa and has either organised it all themselves or gone with an organised trip ( sea or freshwater) eg in uganda, zambia, tanzania etc or namibia.

if u have i would love to hear from you as i need all the info i can get

many thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can also enjoy a fantastic fishing trip in my homeland, Egypt. No marlins or huge sails, but very rewarding and entertaining. Nice equipped boats as well. I'm talking about saltwater fishing (the Red Sea, mainly), and don't know much about fresh water.

If you'll be there during summer then you should expect groupers, emperors, gars, needles, triggers, snappers, and some other species for still fishing. For trolling you should expect wahoo, barracuda, giant trevally, yellow fin and blue fin tuna.

There are some services that organize fishing trips in Egypt that have websites. I will search and let you know.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
:sun: swiss welcome mate i went carp fishing in south africa best carp fishing :fishing: ive ever had fish ti 51lb contact AFRICAN GOLD martin davies:secret: its on the web he could sought out what you want:drunk: hope this helps tight lines captin:boat:

·
Registered
767 Posts
hi swiss spent 3 months in zambia approx 10 years ago. I stayed on a farm and lived as they did, no tourist ****, used to get into the gane parks for a very small fee and some fresh vegetables which the chap i stayed with grew on his farm. fished the zambezi, caught tiger fish, tilapia and some sort of catfish, the locals called squeekers. I got a diary somewhere, must find it and have a read. only booked a flight. rest was sorted when i got there.

Advice would be go for it, best thing you will ever do. I have lots of pics as well, when i get sorted in the my new house i may post a few.

:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all, --- been ages since i looked at this post, many thanks for all the replies, i will try and organise something but as u say i dont want to go down the normal tourist trap route - will keep u posted if i find anything.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Organised several trips abroad. Most through travel agents (Propper fishing ones not touristy ones!) in the early days, but now also organise my own things.

This year I'm going to Congo in late September with another 4 guys in search of Goliath tigers and some monster catfish. Am looking for others if anyone on here is interested and serious enough.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
hi all,

i am wanting to plan a trip to africa for a bit of decent fishing and was wondering if anyone on the site has been fishing over in africa and has either organised it all themselves or gone with an organised trip ( sea or freshwater) eg in uganda, zambia, tanzania etc or namibia.

if u have i would love to hear from you as i need all the info i can get

many thanks in advance
WE HAVE FISHED IN EAST LONDON STH AFRICA OFF THE CAPE THERE IS A GUY TAKES OUT PRIVATE,HAD SOME VERY GOOD DAYS WITH HIM,YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 80lb
TRACE AND IF POSS TAKE AS MUCH SQUID WITH YOU IN COOLER,YOU WOULD HAVE TO TRACE HIS HOME NO THROUGH THE INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORY AND PLAN TRIP,HE DID OFFER ME FREEBIE TRIPS THAT IS YOU FISH FOR THE BOAT,GOOD FISH I HAD WERE STEENBASS APROX 30lb COPPERS AND SILVERS
ROCK COD,SWEET WILLIAMS,(FORM OF SHARK) 78s, CARPENTERS AND OF COURSE THE DOGS,YOU CAN FISH THE HARBOUR THERE I HAD ONE BIG ONE COULD NOT STOP IT SO GUESS IT WAS A BIG SKATE,HOPE THIS HELPS PAT PRICE
CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED HIS NAME.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts