World Sea Fishing Forums banner

anyone recognise this (seahog maybe??)

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Ticketty Boo 
#1 ·
bought another boat! (does anyone really need 3 boats!) the idea is that this one is going to get left up in scotland rather than drag one back and forth all the time, and this one was too cheap to pass up on. I'm flogging the mercury off the back as I've a 50hp 4 stroke mariner to drop in its place which ought to make it nippy!

I've no idea what it is though, looks seahogish but not certain. 16' LOA, quite high freeboard/gunwails, 30" or so (haven't em measured em exactly), slopey/****** entry to the splashwell. the seats at the back have been put in afterwards and aren't original, but someone made a decent job of the upholstery though! centre opening hacth in the cuddy, with a well for the anchor etc in front.....

any ideas:

See less See more
#6 ·
hoping for many ahppy hours on the west coast with it, can't wait to see what it goes like!

the anchor well is definately part of the original topside mouldings, but the cuddy... confirms my suspicions that its not original. had thought seajeep but the cuddy isn't tall enough. to be a hunter would need the entire topside mouldings I reckon as its taller and straighter than the pics of hunters I've looked at. wondered whether was ever a seahog (or other) 'seawolf' and that was just a name badge!

#11 ·
hoping for many ahppy hours on the west coast with it, can't wait to see what it goes like!

the anchor well is definately part of the original topside mouldings, but the cuddy... confirms my suspicions that its not original. had thought seajeep but the cuddy isn't tall enough. to be a hunter would need the entire topside mouldings I reckon as its taller and straighter than the pics of hunters I've looked at. wondered whether was ever a seahog (or other) 'seawolf' and that was just a name badge!
Hiya, Smashin looking boat...well done...but, if you are thinking of fishing the west coast...mibbes a bigger anchor well should be on the menu....:):) I carry a warp of 220 mtrs...:) plus chain ...:) all in a massive "bucket" on the deck...

#13 ·
Hiya, Smashin looking boat...well done...but, if you are thinking of fishing the west coast...mibbes a bigger anchor well should be on the menu....:):) I carry a warp of 220 mtrs...:) plus chain ...:) all in a massive "bucket" on the deck...
mainly north of ardnamurchan, the small isles, lower sound of sleet and out towards coll. the places we anchor tend not to be that deep, but indeedy, theres one spot where we draw straws for hauling it back in on the other boat - 220metres of 12mm rope, 10kg bruce and 25m of chain and it all goes out. The record so far is nearly 25 mins to get it all back in, then 2 hours to recover

top sides are exactly like the boatsandoutboards one, its the hull shape that threw me. Ta muchly though!! much appreciated

#14 ·
mainly north of ardnamurchan, the small isles, lower sound of sleet and out towards coll. the places we anchor tend not to be that deep, but indeedy, theres one spot where we draw straws for hauling it back in on the other boat - 220metres of 12mm rope, 10kg bruce and 25m of chain and it all goes out. The record so far is nearly 25 mins to get it all back in, then 2 hours to recover

top sides are exactly like the boatsandoutboards one, its the hull shape that threw me. Ta muchly though!! much appreciated

Hiya, I fished once with Davy at Ardnamurchan,,,what a place.....that standing wave is something to behold.....and spooky too....:blink
We watched Minkes feeding too...sooperb stuff. :) My mate has fished Coll when he worked on the island, and tells me its pretty good :):) Small Isles and Sleet, I know nothing about...but could be fun...:)

Do you haul your anchor, or recover it with a Dan Bhouy ??? if you haul it, thats a very good time !!!! I have only 10 mtrs of chain on mine, but will be adding more heavier chain soon....with the same rope as yourself, and a 7.5kg Bruce....most of the warp goes out too...but I use a bhouy, and a Ring to recover...much easier for a lazy git like me !!! :):)

#15 ·
standing wave... that must of been Bo Fascadale or Elizabeth Rock - 270 foot deep to 15 foot deep in the space of 50 yards. some cracking big pollock down there among other things. there some big banks out towards muck and eigg that are good for big flatties as well. caught my one and only halibut up there

#16 ·
Hiya, Yep, Bo Fascadale.....absolutely sooperb it was too....we only managed one decent drift over it all day....10 mins of pure pandamonium, then the wind changed, and that was the end of it....:(

I was told, that at low water, a diver can stand on the top of it, and only be up to his waist in water...:):)

#17 ·
I've seen it once, when it was lower than that, Low Water Springs maybe a foot of water on it. flat calm, I wanted to get out and get a picture of me 'waliking on water' but thought better of it! then the tide started to flood and the standing wave was enormous. there's another rock about a mile inshore, Elizabeth rock, very similar but a little more sheltered so you can usually get over it in most conditions that you'd be out in a small boat, and it holds some massive pollock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.