World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, they were too narrow for my flipper feet so I sent them back.
That dont sound good, i got wide feet too, I`m also concerned if they`ll give enough support around the ankles when your climbing over rocks, what with them being neoprene.

G

·
That dont sound good, i got wide feet too, I`m also concerned if they`ll give enough support around the ankles when your climbing over rocks, what with them being neoprene.
They won't and you'll likely twist your ankle.

I've heard mixed things about them, the zips break and the studs wear fast, but they're cheap so…...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've got them and like you say if they last a season, then that's not bad. Mine seem very wide and roomy actually, I ordered one size too big to allow for the neoprene socks. have to be clear, i haven't used them yet.

From what people have said in the past about wading boots is that the salt takes it toll and so it's pointless buying an expensive pair. However some of the cheaper wading boots look like the kind of clumpy boots worn by soviet astronauts in the cold war.

That said, I'm thinking about buying these canyoneering boots:

Five-Ten Canyoneer 2 Water Boots | Paddling and Kayak Shoes - Canoe and Kayak Store

Or the below:

VIBRAM

or these wading boots with titanium studs.

Vision Mako Wading Boots

If anyone can find a cheap pair of canyoneering boots with studs then I'd like to know.

Apologies if I have crashed your post.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
i have used them in the past ,and if you do a fair bit of fishing
on rockmarks ,
or walking a fair way, they will be lucky to last half a dozen trips
the zips break and the studs bend and come out .
even the rubber nipples that hold the studs tear of with walking on rough ground .
snowbee do some identical aswell same problems
but i do use the snowbee rockhopper wellington type boots
best grip you can get and will last a season

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got them and like you say if they last a season, then that's not bad. Mine seem very wide and roomy actually, I ordered one size too big to allow for the neoprene socks. have to be clear, i haven't used them yet.

From what people have said in the past about wading boots is that the salt takes it toll and so it's pointless buying an expensive pair. However some of the cheaper wading boots look like the kind of clumpy boots worn by soviet astronauts in the cold war.

That said, I'm thinking about buying these canyoneering boots:

Five-Ten Canyoneer 2 Water Boots | Paddling and Kayak Shoes - Canoe and Kayak Store

Or the below:

VIBRAM

or these wading boots with titanium studs.

Vision Mako Wading Boots

If anyone can find a cheap pair of canyoneering boots with studs then I'd like to know.

Apologies if I have crashed your post.
I like the look of the boots in the first link, no metal parts to go rusty, and no zips...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts