World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone fishing tomorrow ? I'm thinking of fishing down the ranny or foreshore, unless anyone has a better idea ?
Dropped A Pollock still has the pox and don't think he's going .It looks like i'm going to be a billy no mates ,still better get used to it , as D.A.P is moving back to the south coast soon . but saying that last time I went with out him I caught a nice bass ,surpose i'll find out if he's a jinx or not !

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi dai, just lookin for tides in my favs, but my son must av rubbed em off. if u goin 2moro 2 the ranny, chek the tides r not too high for ranny,i think anything over a 11 u cant really fish it, so it wil av 2 be the shore.i am workin 2 moro, i went 2day was rained off early thow. if u ever stuk and wanna meet up with me and lunker just let us no, i dont think we,re goin till friday now thow,, think about it, fishing with lunk the cod man, i get a buzz wen i,m next 2 him, least i think its a buzz, hee hee.. dont tel im but that codling he had last nite should av been mine.. shhhhhhhhhhhh..

·
Registered
282 Posts
hey dai tides are 12.5 tomorrow to tight for the ranny mate you,ll get wet . And youd better watch that poacher he casts over your heed when you get a bite(hence the name lol) the buzz he gets from me is actually from my fishing jumper, i only wash it when i catch a cod 200 flies cant be wrong oh that reminds me got to put the machine on hooray.lunker

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
and you said there were no flies on you m8.. we should have gone today, i got the cod bug again, went to work but was rained off. could have had a bite by now..wen is the ranny too high to fish thought it was 11 metre.. you can tell i usually fish low water cant you,...

·
Registered
282 Posts
you will still get away with a 12 mtr but it will be tight for casting we fished 11.2 mtr on monday And your probably right one of my flies would have bit you by now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took your advice and fished the monkey pole on the Foreshore . I had two small coddling ,one flounder , four whitting and a pout . All small fish but good fun . Bait used rag , black and blow lug ,crab and squid .
four whitting before high tide and everything else caught on the run off .
The weather was a bit windy but fish able ,quite mild for the time of year.

Also met up with Penn (another forum member ) which was good fun . A right couple of billy no mates but not any more . But don't ask what he caught it's not good ! but with a little help he'll get there . Hope the advice i gave will help ? Look foward to fishing with you again .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah Thanks Dai!, all the advice and help was good and appreciated, and the roll ups. Might have had better luck if I had managed to cast at least into the water somewhere! :) But was good craic anyway and that's what it's all about. With help from people like yourself and the others I have met on the shore and those in this forum I know I'll get there eventually. Looking forward to fishing with you again mate!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
glAD u had some fun at the monkey pole dai, and wots this about rollies, penn dont pinch peoples golden virginia does he, if i ever meet im i wil tel im i dont smoke, and hide my rollies,, u gotta watch these anglers, heehee, glad u getting good advice penn..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lo Poacher, dont worry m8 yer rollies are safe, I just lost mine in the tide! looked up and saw someone fishing off the footpath and prayed that he was a smoker! Luckily it was Dai. Funny that, the tide takes something from me each time I go fishing, would be nice if it would give me something back, like a bloody fish!! he he, never mind, next time i'll put half an ounce in each pocket. As I said I still learnt a lot from Dai.......so THAT'S how you bait up with squid!!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
penn how can u afford to throw worms and fishbait in2 the sea and tabacco, does tabacco work then m8.. never tried it as bait, we will all av 2 av a session u me, dia, lunker, and i will get that bellboy there as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah that would be good poacher. But the tobacco only works sometimes, first time I went though (as Dai will confirm) I tried groundbaiting with a whole tackle bag, that didnt work either!! Dai also pointed out that casting more than the length of my fishing rod might help, bloody slow process this learning lark. Btw, u think it would be a good idea for forum members to wear some kinda badge or something, so we can recognise other members!? Otherwise we could be fishing right beside another member of the forum and not even know. Anyway I'm off to leave the kiddo to nursery, cu later

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
a badge eay.. well i ask every angler i see are u dai, nope, penn, noooo. localfisher, nooooooooo. well sod off then, but they go away and talk about me then, feel like a right saddo, hee hee. mike we want a badge nowwwwwwwwwwwwww..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yup thats what I mean, I've asked a couple of lads, if they knew the wsf forums, and got a kinda blank look, then as u said you have to go through the list of names etc... anyway I reckon it's a good idea. We'll see if anyone else agrees.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yup - crackin idea - dunno how many people Ive talked to on the beach over the last several months - subtly mentioning world sea fishin forums in conversation - watchin for a response or a smile. was tempted to rubber stamp WSF on my forhead with perminant ink - - but now pehaps I wont have to :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi one and all !
Dropped a Pollock is non infectious . Yes he's finally in the last stage of the POX ! just the scabs left .hee hee. So were going to go Thursday or Friday night low water ,down the Ranny . as you no my last two sesions have been quite productive with my biggest codling of the year about 3lb, WITH OUT D.A.P . Yes I can hear you , it has to be said JO ,JO, JONAH
But you never know he might redeem himself, If I can beat my biggest this season on the next trip . I'll hold the verdict till then .hee hee

On another matter, I think Penn should have name tags on everthing ,then if he looses somehting we can tell him we found it . It would be just like when he first started school , with a satchel on his back, mittens tied together with a string .On a serious note I didn't mind sharring my fags with you or anyone, as i myself have been in the same sort of situations many times, when leaving in a mad panic ,or not checking all your gear before you go . with rotten bait elastic or tape for a tip light or glue for an eye .I find in general fisher folk are some of the best people around . Most will help if they can and most are prepared to spend the time of day with you . your only a stranger if you don't talk . Just listen to me sounding like a guru .don't no where that came from ! on that not i'll finish this tread .

p.s now summers getting close I'm up for a smock with the logo slapped on the back,but until then just keep your eyes out for the loudest biggest brightest hat on the beach (Penn knows wot i mean) if theres a smile on your face thats me .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts