World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Off to Brean for a week in August, whats the fishing like there?

Any good marks, what species, tackle, bait info would be greatly appreciated.
Only problem is the wife doesn't know I'm taking a rod yet, so will it be worth the ear ache???... :black_eye

:help:

Any good stuff PM me, I can keep a secret.. :clap:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
very flat beach where you have to cast a mile to get in any depth of water for the rays. main thing to remember there is you are on the mud flats so dont walk out to far or you will need the hovercraft. dig your lug at low tide or visit "the tackle man" on love lane in burnham on sea, dont bother with his gear but the bait is all ammo or devon baits. the flatties or bass are usually under your rod tips on brean beach so a small cast can be rewarding. if you wannafish brean down then tipper is the legend on those parts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. :group:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
no probs mate but cant stress enough the safety issue with this stretch of beach, dont go on the mud under any circumstance :thumbs: one bit may go up to your ankles the next step could be up to your knees

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can actually fish off the headland at Brean as well as the beach (berrow?). Its a bit of a walk - up a couple of hundred steps if I remember rightly - but you are then fishing right into deeper water.

I have had nice conger and thornies from there in the past but haven't fished it for a few years so can't comment on recent catches...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts