World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that i can hire a small boat from in maybe the mull or whithorn areas? I am looking for it for this weekend basically its just for some mackeral bashing for my nephew on both days as were going on a wee camping trip this weekend.

Thanks guys

Davie

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't know if anybody hires out boats for self-drive, but you don't really need one. There are a lot of good mackeral marks you can fish from the shore in SW Scotland. Check out Kevinh's website for Lochryan Sea Angling Club, or Send a pm to him and I'm sure he'll help you out regarding good marks.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
like alec says if its macky bashing you can get them from the shore just as easy and saves you cash,lately iv seen alot of fish took from shore that i thought you would only get from boat.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads aye i know of all the rock marks been fishing the area for a while now but just thought it would be more fun fot the wee man.

Thanks

Davie

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Why not contact Mike Watson who charters the Orca out of Stranraer ?
If he is booked for a small party of four or so, he will gladly take you out to make up the numbers and gaurantee you both a good day afloat.
Very reasonable price at only £28 each. This for approx 7 or 8 hours depending upon tide times. Best chance of this of course is mid-week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts