World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been given a good deal on a aquafish 23 by cair paravel has any one got one or seen one what is the build quailty like , fitting out like, most important to me is a solid boat iam bit heavey handed was looking at pirate 21 but like i said a good deal

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sadly, the guy who I know would have bounded right in on that bait, Tom Bettle (the Bettlefish!!) has left the forum, however there are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here, and I am sure they can help you out.

Sadly I am relatively new to boating and can't offer any solid advice.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Man after my own heart going for the Aquafish - not been on one yet (it would only make me want one more), but I have had a close look at a Pirate 21 and whilst they appear to be a well respected boat it won't be a contender for me, the one thing that is immediately apparent is the accommodation up front - the Aquafish is a lot more spacious and generally appears to be a bigger boat - more so than the 2ft difference in length would lead you to believe.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi

A couple of our club members built an Aquafish. He did a bit of a report on our club forum http://www.pbsbac.co.uk do a search and you should see it ok.

They basicly bought the hull and fitted it out themselves as they found they coulf get the best out of the usable space by doing it this way, it was also cheaper.

Dave
:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

A couple of our club members built an Aquafish. He did a bit of a report on our club forum http://www.pbsbac.co.uk do a search and you should see it ok.

They basicly bought the hull and fitted it out themselves as they found they coulf get the best out of the usable space by doing it this way, it was also cheaper.

Dave
:)
thanks going to have look

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello mate,

We run an AQ23 on a volvo penta 160 and it tops out at 27knots with a clean bottom fully loaded with 5 lads on board (this weekend) was going along nice at 25-26 knots.

Great boat in my opinion, we have got the Raymarine c120 built into the front with the wheel in a slightly lower position, also have the higher railing kit all around the back (deffo worth it as so much safer and comfortable!!), and a helmsman and co-pilot chairs.

Loads of deck space and IMHO a fantastic boat, much more space than the other mentioned boat of which there is one along from us. performs well in rough sea's, just ease off a little in a heading sea and pile it on in a following sea.

I have no coplaints at all about this boat and the more we use it the more i LOVE IT!

However, there are questions about build quality (I will send you a PM with details)

Sam

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Aquafish vs. pirate
Both have had serious build quality issues in the past, the sort that could sink a boat. I've not looked at recent examples of either to see if they've improved, but they should have done.
The aquafish is a lot 'bigger', and can carry more weight, if you fish with 3 others regularly then get an aquafish, if it's you plus one or two others then the pirate's fine.
A mate of mine who's been on both reckons the Pirate is the better boat in terms of seakeeping and ride.
Pirate seem to have given up on producing new boats with inboards, but they have made them so it is possible. Either boat with a D3 190 would be a superb fishing machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts