World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martyboy and myself headed up too Arbroath this morning for an attempt at Pollack.

met up at 4:30 am :huh: and headed too first mark ,
we arrived as the sun started too rise over the horizon.

we both had only spinning rods and plenty off jelly worms and spinners.

marty setup black and red jelly, i started with total opposite , white too see if any lured a pollack.

not as touch on any, so we tried various colours, spinners, etc .
still nowt ,
wee pic off marty getting ready too cast .

few hours passed with not even a wee pollack for the efforts , so it was time for another move,

headed for another mark, but again not a single fish.. :(

again had too make another move. so back too cars then headed north.

then setup for a third time.:crazy: ... this time i tried spinning ,mackie strips and eventually got a knock, then take, shouted too marty wee fish on , as i was spinning mackie strips i thought a wee pollack, but nope it was a mackerel . dammm it.

so as we knew mackerel were about we decided too get some winter bait . so filled my wee coolbox with fillets,

marty headed home , so after wee coolbox was full i again had a
bash for a pollack , changed lures constantly with only the occasional mackerel taking the pollack lures... so no pollack . ouch.

but happy enough as i got my freezer stocked up :clap:

·
Registered
667 Posts
never mind m8 , it makes a change you,s guys no getting any pollack ,nice photos and at least you got the bait supply up .

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
looks great mate. i need to fill my mackerel stocks up. hate going to tescos.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Nae luck with the nae pollack, Andy, but some more fresh mackie is a bonus! :D

Stunning photos, mate - worth getting up for that sunrise alone! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Unfortunate not to get your pollack Andy,but I'd have been same as you,glad to have got the mackerel.Don't know why,(as the Forth seems to be heaving with them from the boats),but they are very,very reluctant to come inshore this year.I've been a few times and still haven't got the length of 20 in the freezer.Usually I have between 100 and 150 for the winter.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
too many television programmes extolling the virtues of 'sustainable ' pollack to eat - the price rocketed on the market and they all but vanished last year - very few about up here too.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Great post and pics Andy, unlucky on the fishing but you look as the two of you had a good day.

Im heading up one of our usual spots wed if your interested

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great post and pics Andy, unlucky on the fishing but you look as the two of you had a good day.

Im heading up one of our usual spots wed if your interested
hi m8,
canni manage Wednesday.
u have Pm.

cheers.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Good shout for the mackies Andy, unlucky on the pollack though. might be heading up that way at the weekend for a night sesh with rincewind ( oo-ere missus ) but not 100% sure how far up we are heading ( another oo-ere )

Better luck next time for the pollack mate ( serves you right for not bait fishing.lol.. )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts