World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after an appointment this morning , Diamond Dave and I decided too try Arbroath for a Pollack or 10 lol.

we arrived around 12:30 pm ( not too sure lol ) with spinning rods and some jelly lures,
Sea was slightly coloured and bit choppy so far from ideal for lure fishing , however we gave it a wee try, we tried a few marks , which i now know the names too as i compared the marks too pictures lol.
ie Dickmonts Den, Diels heed,

we tried various coloured lures including Daves lure which i think was named " Torness Dazzzzzzzler " ...im sure it frightened the fish away :)

anyway hours past and nowt ... eventually i got the only take, around 10 feet from the edge, got it in and and it saved the Blank,
Pollack weighed in at 2lb 4oz. good too see after a long day with nowt.
lol the only pic and im that good i caught it with my eyes closed lol :blink: :)

caught on the a Black and orange jelly worm.

Another Angler was fishing i think around by Romans head, looked like they were bait fishing , i hope they had more luck than us,

nevermind it got us out fishing and passed a few hours.
weather could have been slightly kinder for the lure fishing but ye take the good with the bad i suppose.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
we tried various coloured lures including Daves lure which i think was named " Torness Dazzzzzzzler " ...im sure it frightened the fish away :)

Would that be the black jellyworm with some orange lumy beads ya cheeky wee git :lmao:
Anything was worth a try, as you just never know what the fish are wanting.
Glad i got out fishing, but even gladder to be warm again :D

Pity about all the crap some folk left at the last mark we tried. :uhuh:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Aye Andy that salt water spray can be a wee bit nippy when it gets in the eyes.

Least you saved a blank. Some good days to come soon hopefully.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aye Vernon, always good too get out for a wee try.
and as Marty says im sure the some are too caught on the ideal conditions, so i will venture up again,

Dave the black jellyworm wasnt the torness dazzzzzler it was the very bright LUMINOUS GREEN scary looking sandeel thing :clap3: .
na they were all worth a try.

aye spinning is good sultzer, yer arms go numb after first few hours lol.
then yer aches dissappear as soon as ye get a wee fish on heh.

Andy.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Dave the black jellyworm wasnt the torness dazzzzzler it was the very bright LUMINOUS GREEN scary looking sandeel thing :clap3: .
na they were all worth a try.
Andy.

Forgot about that one :blink:
Aye it was a tad lary, you could've seen it in Torness :lmao:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
nice one Fif3r and unlucky Dave, but at least you guys where out fishing and enjoying yourselves.
After a crap weeks work im gonna treat myself to a midnite beach session in the wind and rain. Nice pic too by the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts