Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20/05/07
Arbroath - Girl Katherine II
Bait: lugworm , Mussel, Squid , Prawn , Razorfish
Weather: WSW wind - strong - moderate
Fish Caught: 15

Picked up Brain , had to dig some worms due to he killed them again.
Arrived at Arbroath wind was strong but dying down, as we were leaving we spotted "peterthefisherman &Harrythehaddock - WSF" coming in.
We sailed north just south of Arbroath 1st hour produced 1 wee codling to me , the 2nd hour was not much better myself another small codling Brian 1 ling 2 codling.
The 3rd hour started with myself getting 2 codling followed by Brian getting another 2 codling then myself 1 codling.
The last hour Brian nudge ahead total was myself 6 codling , Brian 8 codling 1 Ling.

Best bits were when 1 codling fell off just as Brian grab it & when he fished for the last 15 mins with only a weight no hooks.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
432 Posts
20/05/07
Arbroath - Girl Katherine II
Bait: lugworm , Mussel, Squid , Prawn , Razorfish
Weather: WSW wind - strong - moderate
Fish Caught: 15

Picked up Brain , had to dig some worms due to he killed them again.
Arrived at Arbroath wind was strong but dying down, as we were leaving we spotted "peterthefisherman &Harrythehaddock - WSF" coming in.
We sailed north just south of Arbroath 1st hour produced 1 wee codling to me , the 2nd hour was not much better myself another small codling Brian 1 ling 2 codling.
The 3rd hour started with myself getting 2 codling followed by Brian getting another 2 codling then myself 1 codling.
The last hour Brian nudge ahead total was myself 6 codling , Brian 8 codling 1 Ling.

Best bits were when 1 codling fell off just as Brian grab it & when he fished for the last 15 mins with only a weight no hooks.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
jay i didnt think you would mention about me fishing with only a weight and no
hooks as i didnt no there were not hooks on it until i brun it up:lmao:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
nice report well done guys
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good bait you got there :)
andy the first 2 were the size of bait.
we did ok considering the other report from the morning lot.
no one blanked on the boat.
species caught were cod , ling , sea scorpion , ballan wrasse.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
andy the first 2 were the size of bait.
we did ok considering the other report from the morning lot.
no one blanked on the boat.
species caught were cod , ling , sea scorpion , ballan wrasse.

hi m8,
aye you all did well.
i wish i had some bait i had a long day spinning for nowt :)

good few species too well done. :clap2:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good report Sultz, It was Girl Katherine 2 i was out on last Sunday :clap3: :clap3: . That was the first time out on her for me as its usually one of the others we are on. Was the price i said to you about right ???

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good report Sultz, It was Girl Katherine 2 i was out on last Sunday :clap3: :clap3: . That was the first time out on her for me as its usually one of the others we are on. Was the price i said to you about right ???
yes ta m8 but we were only out for 4hrs so we done ok.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Could this clonking cod on the napper with sinkers be an alternative method of the future to appease the anti angling lobby who reckon hooking is cruel? It just might catch on you know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts