World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back up to Arbroath yesterday, got there just on low water, fished from the rocks at the start of the cliffs, after 15 mins had 1st fish nice Codling off just over 3lb, another followed this time about 2.8lb.

Went quiet after this, then had a Coalie of about 1lb, as tide was coming in I headed up and round the cliffs......sat for ages before I had a bite.....which I promptly missed :( went quiet again, then things picked up as high tide neared, gettin small Codling of just over 1lb :)

ended up catching 8 Codling 1 Coalie, good day, not as good as last friday but still a good day

bait was Lug/Cockle

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi bigdunny where did u fish at the start of the cliffs do u take all the cod u catch home i was up at findon ness on sunday just 5 cod 2 wrasse and a coaly between 5 of us codhunter

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cod

I fished the rock marks at the start of the cliffs, you can only get on to them about 1 an a half hours before low and same after low, then you gotta head further along the cliffs to other marks.

I kept the 2 biggest codling the rest were returned, this was for about 8 hours fishing (I use 2 rods) bait is always fresh lug/rag/cockle or anything that comes of the beaches before I head up to Arbroath

·
Registered
138 Posts
cheers big digdunny i know the other mark along the cliffs u are on about i have only fished it once in winter i usaly fish the higher mark 20 yards along from it might give it a go on sunday was it the first gully u fished at the start or up a bit thanks codhunter

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Cod, I was on the rocks to the left of the 1st gulley, come down the slope and climb up the rocks to get to the mark (its a sloping ledge with a drop to the water)

all the best

john

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hi fished it at the start of this week ,had 6 small cod and 1 coalie ,lost a big fish got snagged up and the worst thing is i had to pull for a break with the fish on and yes i let line out and gave the fish time to try and pull its self free.no luck though.bait used lug cockle mussle peeler and herring . it was good though i didnt catch alot of fish my rods never stopped so the fish were there. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
:D hi bigdunny ,
thanx for your info on mark mate had a go there a couple of nights ago and had 5 codling . Have you fished this mark in winter before i have twice and it only threw up a coalie .
cheers seaunter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts