World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and ken-r were invited out by Kenny-g to fish his club boat trip at Arbroath, Our skipper today was Alex Smith. It was an early start with us setting sail at 8am, We arrived at the harbour for the back of 7 and it was busy with the other 3 charter boats heading out also. We headed out to Bell Rock as the local areas had been fishing really poor over the past week or so. Our tally for today was quite poor actually with us only managing around 60x Cod and a handful of Sm Ling, The average stamp of the Cod fell in the 3-4lb region and our biggest fish weighed in at 5lb exactly. 10 anglers fished today and nobody blanked, All fish barr 6x cod were returned to fight another day. The weather was good early on but by mid-morning it started raining :schmoll: I had a poor day myself only weighing in 2x Cod and 2x Ling with my biggest fish being a Cod just shy of 4lb.
Not the best days fishing but still enjoyable :) :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
as they say bmac a bad days fishin is better than a good day at work:clap3: least you got out , bit of practise for the real fishin down luce bay:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bit of practise for the real fishin down luce bay:clap2: :clap2:
Very true Guy, Only 3wks !:)

Sultz, I spoke to Peter last night and i wasn't hopeful about today :uhuh: Tbh though it could have been a lot worse.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Sounds like the skipper had the right idea going to the Bell Rock - at least you had some fish BMAC - well done !!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts