World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out with big Kendo for a day sesh on the cliffs on Saturday. Got there for sunrise and got a spot we like - where my pb cod came from a few years back :).

Weather was bright but sea had a nice colour in it and a wee swell so conditions were good. We normally night fish at this time of year but both of us had to get back for family commitments - times have changed lol!

Bait was lug, mackie and bluey. First few casts were plagued with micro bites and hooks coming back in stripped. Guessed at tiny cod or coalies stripping our 3/0 pennels!

As high tide approach things picked up. I had a decent bite which turned out to be a nice wee ling. Lip hooked fish went back nicely. First ling from Arbroath and only my second ever. Have not heard of many getting taken from that mark.

Then about an hour later a nice slack line bite. I lifted into it and tightened the line and knew it was a not bad fish. Landed a nice codling weighing 4.5 pound. Kendo had to scramble down a bit to help land it. As ever he did this very carefully - it can be dangerous on these cliffs but Kendo is an experienced angler so did a grand job.

Unfortunately Kendo did not have any luck. We have been there before - our last trip to the cages was roles reversed. Anyway we don't get to fish much these days, just a few trips a year so it was great to get out and the patter was great as ever.

Rock Rock fishing Recreation Coast Fishing
Rock fishing Fishing Casting (fishing) Recreation Angling
Fishing Rock fishing Recreational fishing Fish Surf fishing

·
Registered
757 Posts
nice wee sesh by the looks of it

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well done nice looking cod there and a ling too good to get something you don't always catch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.