World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed too arbroath cliffs last night, arrived at around 9pm, headed along the cliffs too deils heid ,
but i soon realized all the rocks look the same at night lol.
so i had no idea where too go or what too look for.

its not the place too be at night if you dont know area , its my 1st time along that way and walking the cliffs and looking for an area too get down isnt the easiest thing too do lol :)
one second im following a dirt track , thinking this is a possible track used by anglers only too see a 100 ft drop lol. im glad i had the tiga thats all i can say.
i wouldnt recommend it too anyone, get there daylight hours and find a safe mark.

anyway i got a good way along too post 12 i think where theres a mass off larger rocks and a long rocky jetty type thingy ma jiggy lol that carries on a good way into sea and decided too give this a go, so got down easy enough as there is wooden stairs but slipped the moment i touched the rocks lol.. thought i done my wrist in , but it soon cleared and off i went,
as i got nearer the water i thought there is a chance off me getting cut off with tide still coming in so decided too look for another mark, headed back up and i was completely knackered and aching lol, headed back long too post 10 ish and fished rocks right off a shingle beach , only got 3 rattles and fish hooked themselves as the rods were dancing about in the rest , but they all took me too snags and lost em .

so another blankety blank ... thats 2 in a row lol.. how degrading ehehe.

funniest moment tho.. apart from looking for a way down 100 foot shear cliffs , was this : as i walked along the cliffs on the small track ,tiga on full, i noticed a pair off eyes shining out from behind a bush :crazy:.. i though ooohh nooo ive got a nutter here and gonna push me off the cliffs lol.. so was ready ahaha... only too find it was a rabbit , i honesty sh1t myself for a second tho ... made me laugh while catching nowt again :)

never mind i can only do better next time lol.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Scary stuff looking down 100ft drops. And you battered your wrist. Think you should take up a less lethal sport mate lol. Unlucky but a new mark tried all the same.
neal
The Skink

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Know where you where andy, right at the north end. Nice wee mark around there. Some decent rocks to fish off, but the fish can be very localised, if you know what i mean.

The bit you where on is really snaggy. Better from the other side at high tide.

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
rabbits will have red eyes. fox, light blue. bit of an adventure you had there.
definately not worth going to new rock marks alone and at night though.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
unlucky m8 ,i thought about going there last night but changed my mind because i dont know the area very well and like you i would have been falling about all over the place lol, i see you mentioned posts along the cliffs .... can anybody tell me of any good spots along that way e.g what posts to go down by .

cheers for any info lads

mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
The numbered posts mark out areas of geographical interest,and being a nature rerserve and run by the national trust,I suppose there must be a map in existance somewhere.
The marks are many and varied.Safety first! You can't beat a daylight sorte along the 1 1/2 mile stretch of cliffs and taking a look for yourself.That way you don't get lost trying to follow some-one elses half baked directions..........right FIF3R??
The OS map of the area is quite detailed.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The numbered posts mark out areas of geographical interest,and being a nature rerserve and run by the national trust,I suppose there must be a map in existance somewhere.
The marks are many and varied.Safety first! You can't beat a daylight sorte along the 1 1/2 mile stretch of cliffs and taking a look for yourself.That way you don't get lost trying to follow some-one elses half baked directions..........right FIF3R??
The OS map of the area is quite detailed.

:)

your directions were good Tony :). its my night navigation skills that are lacking lol.
thanx for your help and im sure i will venture up there sometime soon .

ps dabcatcher:
rabbits will have red eyes
i wish i knew this before last night lol :)

was a good wee experience even tho no fish !! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts