World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the sea fishing scene and me and a few mates are staying in the lions gate campsite got a caravan there so will be there quite regular

was just wondering if any body had some good marks or tips for that area taking a lot of younger kids between five and ten so scaling down cliffs aint an option

got peeler crab rag and lug worm mackerel squid and sand eel so covering all possiblities i think looking to get the kids hooked to so really want them to catch

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
If you try around the harbour there should heaps of wee coalies down the sides for them to catch. Might also be a few flatties on the sandy areas.

Good luck and I hope the kids catch

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Why not take them to Auchmithie or Fishtown of Usan,flatties at both marks along with coalies,cod,pollack,eels,or just along the road from the campsite Elliot beach up over the railway footbridge,flounders,turbot,bass,coalie,rockling,eels you should catch at any of these marks hope this helps you and the young uns cheers james

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys this really helps

had the sprogs at furnace a few weeks ago and they caught close to 50 mackerel had a great day a few pollock as well they loved so want to keep the good experience going for them

all your help is really appreciated guys thanks a million

·
Registered
363 Posts
Easy one is to go along to Elliott beach.. Safe venue for the kids and lots of small flatties. Had 8 or 9 the other day and was only casting out 15 yards or so, bait was lugworm with a little bit of mackerel on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts