World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
11-4 reg 9-10 I'm sure Ian will be along to confirm but I think reg is the commercial again. Heaviest fish match.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi

I am thinking of entering the comp on Sunday but need a bit of info as this would be my first comp. I would like to know any rules and regs regarding bait, hook size, catch limit and if it is heaviest fish as it is or after cleaning? Any info greatly received!

Deckchairangler

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
One rod only - maximum of 3 hooks. No bait limits or catch limit. £12 entry. Heaviest fish will be weighed before cleaning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks rocker.
I do have another question regarding the hooks. The 3 hook limit does this mean 3 hooks max on your rig or 1 on rig 2 in your pocket as spare?
Sorry for all the questions. But you dont ask, you dont learn!

·
Registered
707 Posts
3 hooks max, on one rig at one time. Bring lots of spare rigs!

Joe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And remember to bait your next rig once you've cast. Unclip the old rig and clip on the new baited rig. Keeps you fishing rather than wasting time rebating the same rig.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry guys! Yet another question! Regarding marks, do you pick your own after registration or are you placed at a mark? also is registration at the Vicky as in the shore angler mag or at the commercial inn?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If it says the Vicky car park in sea angler it'll be at the Vicky car park mate. It's a roving match between Carnoustie and ferryden meaning you can select your own mark within the boundary mate. My advice would be to stick to a mark that you have fished before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I managed to enter and seen those monsters at weigh in! Well done those lads! Unfortunately I never caught a thing! Not even a bite! Never mind onwards and upwards! Anyone know when the next one is or is that it for the season?

·
Registered
881 Posts
I managed to enter and seen those monsters at weigh in! Well done those lads! Unfortunately I never caught a thing! Not even a bite! Never mind onwards and upwards! Anyone know when the next one is or is that it for the season?
Dont worry ,they will be along soon ,they like your money.:thumbdown

1 - 20 of 35 Posts