World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, arrived at the path to the cliffs arond 10:00am and met a couple of blokes on their way home, looked well clothed and equipped and had a bag of fish each but they weren't for chatting.
Headed to the Needle e'e and found two foreign chaps fishing the right hand side dressed in parkas, one chap fishing the left hand side so I asked if I could fish to the left of him, no problem, plenty of space.
Saw another guy fishing further left, not seen anyone there before, he looked to be fishing with light gear.
Weather was calm, turned bright and sunny, high tide around 13:00.
Saw a pair of dolphins heading north.
There was a very long line of lobster pots all along the coast, VERY close in, never seen pots that close. I'm amazed they hadn't been plundered, they were that close, maybe 30 feet from the rocks. The good news is it makes it easy to avoid snagging them if they're that close.
Started with bluey, the bait was missing at the end of every retrieve, despite elastic. Tried launce. Tried dried salted herring. Caught a lobster, a cracker, over 18 inches long, never landed one before. I didn't want to get too close to the water's edge, the chap fishing next to me wandered over and picked it up. Unfortunately it lost a claw during the retrieve, so it went back with one claw. I'm guessing lobsters are not cannibals since the lobster meat was untouched on the hook! The guy next to me packed up, he'd been there since 08:00 without a nibble and gave me some lug. Didn't help. I noticed the two foreign guys had left - and also left their rubbish.
Several kayakers went by and waved and shouted hellos, keeping a very respectful distance from the fishing lines.
I left around 14:30 with the wind picking up. On the way out of Arbroath noticed one guy in a cage on the harbour.

Attachments

Registered
The amount of creels in sea round here means fishing rock marks is near impossible these days, at least they'll be gone when we get some big easterlies in the winter.

Registered
Saturday, arrived at the path to the cliffs arond 10:00am and met a couple of blokes on their way home, looked well clothed and equipped and had a bag of fish each but they weren't for chatting.
Headed to the Needle e'e and found two foreign chaps fishing the right hand side dressed in parkas, one chap fishing the left hand side so I asked if I could fish to the left of him, no problem, plenty of space.
Saw another guy fishing further left, not seen anyone there before, he looked to be fishing with light gear.
Weather was calm, turned bright and sunny, high tide around 13:00.
Saw a pair of dolphins heading north.
There was a very long line of lobster pots all along the coast, VERY close in, never seen pots that close. I'm amazed they hadn't been plundered, they were that close, maybe 30 feet from the rocks. The good news is it makes it easy to avoid snagging them if they're that close.
Started with bluey, the bait was missing at the end of every retrieve, despite elastic. Tried launce. Tried dried salted herring. Caught a lobster, a cracker, over 18 inches long, never landed one before. I didn't want to get too close to the water's edge, the chap fishing next to me wandered over and picked it up. Unfortunately it lost a claw during the retrieve, so it went back with one claw. I'm guessing lobsters are not cannibals since the lobster meat was untouched on the hook! The guy next to me packed up, he'd been there since 08:00 without a nibble and gave me some lug. Didn't help. I noticed the two foreign guys had left - and also left their rubbish.
Several kayakers went by and waved and shouted hellos, keeping a very respectful distance from the fishing lines.
I left around 14:30 with the wind picking up. On the way out of Arbroath noticed one guy in a cage on the harbour.
sounds a good day,was it mackerel or cod they had in the bag?

Registered
Great effort, that鈥檚 what it鈥檚 all about.
I鈥檓 sure next time you鈥檒l get amongst them.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers willie

Registered
Is it to early for the cod
There has been some bags caught over the past few days, mostly smaller fish between 1 and 3 lbs though, but they are there if folks want to go find them.

Reactions: Andrew daly

Registered
The sea had a bit of colour and swell yesterday in the morning, but it was flattening off later on, getting a bit excited now, won't be long if we can just get an easterlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts