World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows what the waters like along the cliffs hoping to go spinning tommorow but not sure if the water will be clear, was down the cliffs few weeks back and oh my let's just say I'll be spinning for cod from now on in the summer rather than the big old baits!!:rofl:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows what the waters like along the cliffs hoping to go spinning tommorow but not sure if the water will be clear, was down the cliffs few weeks back and oh my let's just say I'll be spinning for cod from now on in the summer rather than the big old baits!!:rofl:

Was out at the weekend......cliffs and around Windyhills, meagre catches mate.
Sea was dirty, and a big swell. Was a fine day, but the sea was more like an October/November day.
Was virtually no birds feeding......couple of Tern's and they were well out.
Might be looking a bit better by now, there was certainly no Mackerel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys not too sure what to do lol think I'll give it a go bring a bag of bait just incase

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up going out giving it a bash up on the cliffs just before low tide 10am and water was chocolate so chucked in a bait rod and within 10 mins first cod only a baby maybe about the weight of my 6oz lead lol then after that went quite on the bait but as the tide moved in the water cleared up so chucked on the big spoons and ended up with 3 mackerel and 1 colie within an hour then nothing for a solid 4 hours after so all in all was an ok day nothing exciting but just glad to get the lines wet haha!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ended up going out giving it a bash up on the cliffs just before low tide 10am and water was chocolate so chucked in a bait rod and within 10 mins first cod only a baby maybe about the weight of my 6oz lead lol then after that went quite on the bait but as the tide moved in the water cleared up so chucked on the big spoons and ended up with 3 mackerel and 1 colie within an hour then nothing for a solid 4 hours after so all in all was an ok day nothing exciting but just glad to get the lines wet haha!!!
Did better than me from last weekend mate !
Was plagued with small cod, and not a sniff of a mackerel.
Always good to get a line wet.
Gonna give it a try tomorrow, but won't be the cliffs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
any joy when u went out codboy, heard good things about usan on Saturday
Aye mate......not too bad.
I heard Usan was ok, some mackerel taken a hear.
Avoided there myself......went to Windyhills.
Couple of cod not big .......2 maybe 2 1/2lb.......couple of small Wrasse ... and a few doggies.

Nae much time to be on here this week......away Salmon fishing in Norway the now .......so concentrating on the big prize !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts