World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my mate at about 1130am to go for a couple of hours round at ardgarten area. Thought why not plus i was wanting to add dab to my speices list this year and normally at this mark theres no shortage of them.

Anyway arrived about 1ish. First job was to get a couple of mackies for bait. 4 casts 6 mackeral easy. no point in carrying on wasnt really out to stock up on bait so just enough to last the session.

Set up a scratching rig size 8 hooks and 2 oz weight lobbed out about 5 10 yards with very small bits of fresh mackeral as bait. bites were fast and furious. first up was this little fella a codling of about 5oz's

2nd cast straight away bait had just hit the bottom and this little guy pops up. Goldsinney

bites were constant and missed alot of them. but after another 5 10mins had another goldsinney. So rebaited and lobbed the bait out wee bit further mibby 20 yards or so. Got a better wee rattle. winding in felt a nice wee weight wasnt fighting much so i knew it was my target speices a wee dab of about 7 or 8 oz's so was quiet happy.

final cast of the day also resulted in another day

was a good wee sesh. 2 hours 4 species so was more then happy with that.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well done mate need a few of them myself to get the list up into double figures could you pm me the mark ?
pm sent joe

never met joe in my life so what if we both have bhoy in our name. i sent joe a pm to help him out, thats what anglers do !!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well done Mikey. Nice selection of fish there and glad you got the species you were targeting.

Don't let others put you off mate, your reports are always interesting and I know you care about the fish you catch and I mean all the fish, large or small.

Dougy

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers dougy:thumbs:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
welldone mikey on the fish mate and like dougy says dont let ppl put you off

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
don't know where this post is meant to be going but well done on your fish anyway. it is a blood sport after all and i'm sure most of us try our best to return fish as safely as possible as you did, but it does have a hook in it's mouth and there is always gonna be some damage no matter who catches it. i haven't met you either incase anyone is wondering, tight lines.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good session mate, great report & pics! Keep them coming. Mini species hunts are well worth a bash, I got dozens of wee coleys, an LSSS & a couple of blennys yesterday while the beachcasters didn't get a touch. - cheers keith

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Was a post deleted in here???

Anyway, good to see photos of fish regardless of the size. Good fun.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes mate someone thought that i shouldnt have posted because the fish was lip hooked and sitting on a rock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts