World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...

I am planning on a long weekend over to the Ardnamurchan Paninsula for a bit of peace and quiet (and fishing of course!) at the end of May. Has anyone been there/know any marks. Off the lighthouse area looks like fun(?) but there seem to be plenty pristeen sandy beaches too.

Cheers,

Shad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, the rocks all around the lighthouse are good for pollock, cracking sport when you get them in the mood.

Sanna bay provides plenty of flatties off the beach, and the pier at Kilchoan can throw all up all manner of species.

Heres a site with good info.

http://www.cibs.org.uk/ardnamurchan/

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya Spanner...

Can I say a thousand thank-yous, what an excellent link my friend, apprporiate and good reading! I couldn't believe that no-one has fished there before - but after so many days of the post not getting an answer i was beginning to lose faith. Ive never fished there before but it looks so nice and remote I thought it would be a good place to go. I used to sail up and down the Sound of Mull quite a bit and always fancied it for a bit of shore fishing

So thank you again, I shall be sure to report back events on my return. Incidentally was the link your own or do you go there yourself? The reason I ask is that I still have to book accommodation there and wondered if you have any suggestions for B & B.

Cheers,

Shad. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Spell,

I have submitted an enquiry to see if they have a trip going whilst I am over there. As I will be a party of one I'm not sure they will be willing, or I might not be willing at that sort of money!!

Still we will wait & see. :)

Cheers,

Shad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi spanner i read ur report on ardermurchant i was wondering if u have ever been up there at this time of year and if u have how it fishes i going up to lochaline to fish this weekend i might give it a try thanks codhunter

·
Registered
182 Posts
No its not my site,I got it from a guy at NESA who goes up pretty regular for his family hols.

I have fished there a few times with mixed results, although it definitely has potential, you just have to be there at the right time & right place. I've had some cracking sport with pollock to 5lb at the lighthouse, and I've blanked as well.

There are various marks in Loch Sunart as well, deep water in close and at night you have the chance of spurdog and thornback rays.

The charter boat at Laga Bay also hire Orkney dingy's for the day, £60 a day I think. I've done that with my son which was good fun too. No problem catching fresh mackerel for bait and we caught a thornies, LSDs, a few small pollock and dab, but there is always the chance of spurrs and even common skate as well.

No problems with accommodation, plenty of B&Bs, I stayed in Kilchoan. Heres a link to the local tourst site:

http://ardnamurchan.com/association/index.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts