World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

anyone fancy joining me this weekend either sat or sunday or both

thinking of giving the west coast a miss this weekend and am thinking of having a try at ardwell bay , as i normally target spurs and thornies this may be a little different here .

any info appreciated , marks , tactics , bait , tackle, times etc etc .

thanks in advance

al

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
One of my mates is down there at present, fishing around Ardwell and Port Logan. He was on the phone yesterday telling me that the area is full of coalies at present, with the odd one over the 2lb. mark.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm not really interested in coalies , are there any marks round that area that will produce , huss , or plaice and the like .

al

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
not many places down there that will produce huss from the shore al , though you can never say never , caught plenty from port logan bay on the boat , also plaice there from the boat though it might be a bit early for them a lot of the marks down there al need a good walk to get to so be prepared !! snatcher is down this weekend so i,ll pm him an tell him to look out for you!!
check your pm :secret:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Hya Al - I gave Ardwell Bay a short session one night about a month ago - had several flatties and a doggie in about a hour of darkness - just fished the middle of the beach casting about 80 yards - ragworm
Somebody had a bass and some flounders off it earlier - gave me the idea
I used to like Port Logan beach but the wee coalies are onto the bait too soon and nothing else gets a chance !!!!
Dont waste you time in daylight on any of the shallow beaches !!!! (IMHO)

·
Registered
797 Posts
had a bass of it a couple o month's ago and some flounder but haven't been there for a wee while, it's big tide's just now so be prepared to chase it out for a distance i was fishing the middle of the beach dont know about huss m8 but we've had coallie's galor this winter have heard of some plaice from portpatrick area and plenty o l,s,d's about just now

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info guys , after carefull consideration i'v decided to leave it for another month or so and just hit the west coast this weekend AGAIN

all your info is greatly appreciated .

al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts