World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Just wondered if anyone on the sunny IOW has had any luck with the skate/rays yet. I've heard that some have been caught at Chale, but wanted to get some verification before I make that trip!
Been here for weeks now mate. IOW undulate record went about a week ago, 17lb! 16lb'er caught about 10 mins later or before too (can't remember which). Don't go down on Fri/Sat night, unless you like being wedged in between 50 other anglers and thier 1000watt head lamps.

Steve.

· Registered
102 Posts
Went last Friday, 1 small painted, 7 dogs, half a dozen pout. Only 3 groups fishing there then. Apparently, it didnt fish well on Saturday night. Yaverland is throwing up a few.....

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems that maybe they never left as I've heard of catches throughout the winter. Didn't realise there were any great numbers though.

Is there a comp on Friday or Saturday night as I've only seen a handful of other anglers down there when I've been before.

· Registered
280 Posts
Looks like the sheep have arrived!:unsure: :unsure:
Im guessing someone has seen that there was a 3lb 5oz (probably undersize) spotted caught at brook and thought christ we better have a comp there, that looks good:rolleyes:.

So if someone fishes a spot after there has been some fish caught their a sheep!!!
I dont really understand that remark to be honest, if you dont want people to fish where you fish i wouldnt broadcast it to thousands of people on a public forum

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Im guessing someone has seen that there was a 3lb 5oz (probably undersize) spotted caught at brook and thought christ we better have a comp there, that looks good:rolleyes:.

So if someone fishes a spot after there has been some fish caught their a sheep!!!
I dont really understand that remark to be honest, if you dont want people to fish where you fish i wouldnt broadcast it to thousands of people on a public forum
It was actually a private joke to a mate who i know who was interested in the thread.
I mistakenly hit the quote button on daz`s post instead of reply but the remark was not aimed at him and if i deleted the post now, it wouldn't be right.
I couldn't care less who fishes there as like you say, i wouldn't have put up a report if i was worried about the beach being invaded over a small ray would i?
Its fishing ok there it seems, good luck to anyone who gives it a bash.

· Registered
1,252 Posts

best just to say compton,save's the hastle from the start but there are a few rays about.http://www.beachandboat.co.uk/index.cgi?board=catch&action=display&thread=1174515814

· Registered
102 Posts
As Daz said, these fixed venue comps are planned a long time in advance based on where will fish at certain times of the year...so they aren't 'sheep', its just a coincidence that there is a comp there.

You will always get sheep however, based on sucessful trips, and I've found the best thing to do (if you want to fish there the next night/next set of tides) is keep the venue to yourself. I realise this is a forum for all things sea fishing but would never publish for all to see, the bits and pieces of knowlege it takes years (and many blank sessions!) to compile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.