World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
So. Brid & Whitby are living off fishing memmories of yesteryear in the vain hopes of ************ - how sad to see these once mighty bastions of sea fishing fall so low.

Maybe it's time to let the money people have their way and clear out all the dead wood in favour of a smarter, more affulent enviroment of coffee shops, bistro's and the generally cosy "glad the rough fisherfolk in the photo aren't us" charm.

Is this what Darwin had in mind during his soujourn in the Endevour at Whitby ?

Is this natural selection ?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe this post should have been deleted but I have left it for the fishers of Whitby and Brid to reply to...............I have deleted some words as I feel they were uncalled for and hard to prove.

I can't recall asking you to edit my post lad even though it didn't breached your TOS . Seeing as it seems to irk you somewhat maybe you should delete it for the sake of your satisfaction & to show your power ?.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It certainly didn't irk me, as I have said your original statements are hard to prove and uncalled for, the thread will be left unless you the poster wish it to be removed.

Then replace it in it's original form, ( unedited ), and let the readers make their own mind up or comment as they see fit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
look colly mate, hes the moderator, if he feels as though the words you've put in your post are going to offend other users of this forum then he is going to remove them whether you like it or not, its his job as a morderator to keep things together on this section of the forum and to stop people like you using words that may offend people and that in turn could stop them visiting the forums...

he is only doing what is right, so dont go biting peoples head off man, your post is stupid anyway, i think it should be deleted, what a tool

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
looks like collydog been on he pop????:drunk::drunk::drunk:
has he, and does he fish at either of the 2 ports named?????
if so, please elaborate on your first post mr CD, as to the reasons behind your thinking, if not, please also elaborate where you get yor fantastic views from..

·
Registered
637 Posts
unfortunately theres no end of biffs roaming about the streets full of drink. you see them down the town on a weekend, fishing, and now on here. prats

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not quite sure what collydog is saying or more importantly why he is saying it. Its a very strange post. He seems to be "barking" mad :laugh::laugh:

LOL, well I've just re-read my own post and even I can't see what I was on about !

Do have some recollection of talking to a mate up at my local who had just returned from a Whitby trip and was telling me you don't seem to get the same good crack in the pubs like you used too as their seems to be an influx of "money people" slowly taking Whitby over, which reminded me of a conversation I had with a local lass the last time I was at Whitby where she was saying that a lot of "inncommers" are buying houses and second homes round Whitby forcing property prices up and ruining it for local people.

Do hope Whitby never looses it's character.

P.S - You know you've had a good night when you come downstairs in the morning to find a huge box of frozen beefburgers "defrosting" on top of the television set............

..............and for some reason I seem to have aquired half a dozen brand new plastic buckets with lids from somewhere........

What a night.

:1a:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts