World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told last night that they are stoping the charge for slipways in wales, i cant see it but if anyone knows if its true can you put me in the picture,i was told by a member of a boat club so not sure if true or not true. :g: over the easter hols i was there and they wer still charging ? maybe chrisp can help me on this one

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Launch at Ronnies, £12,50 for tractor launch and parking for the car and trailer. No registration required. 3 tractors available and plenty of parking.

Launch from a council slip, pay for annual registration, pay per launch, launch yourself, pay for parking for car, pay for parking for trailer, get stuck with the car have a council employee watch you struggle at no extra charge.

Gwynedd council...............Priceless

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Launch at Ronnies, £12,50 for tractor launch and parking for the car and trailer. No registration required. 3 tractors available and plenty of parking.

Launch from a council slip, pay for annual registration, pay per launch, launch yourself, pay for parking for car, pay for parking for trailer, get stuck with the car have a council employee watch you struggle at no extra charge.

Gwynedd council...............Priceless

good point mate :clap3: makes you wonder how much they must take in the summer months

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
About £16,000 a year in total. It costs over £100,000 a year to administer and in wages for the slipway staff. The cost to the council tax payers in this county last year was £102,000 for something that nobody wants. Democracy in action.

As I said Gwynedd Council..............................Priceless

·
Registered
138 Posts
thats alot... even the £12.50 per launch.... over in n.ireland most of the slip ways i know off are free!! or a small charge of like £30 per year.!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About £16,000 a year in total. It costs over £100,000 a year to administer and in wages for the slipway staff. The cost to the council tax payers in this county last year was £102,000 for something that nobody wants. Democracy in action.

As I said Gwynedd Council..............................Priceless

how long can they keep up the big loss in money:g:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts