World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered ron thompson shelter 2 weeks ago from local angling shop told should be in next week fine. next week no shelter.now the middle of april at best:uhuh: .phoned veals only red ones.dont want a red one .a weeks wait at least for other colours plus 5 days till i would recieve it.arghhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
184 Posts
drives you mad mate dont it,got your money want your gear,its not much to ask is it,try other places online mate im sure you will get better service.:wallbash: :wallbash:

M

·
0 Posts
drives you mad mate dont it,got your money want your gear,its not much to ask is it,try other places online mate im sure you will get better service.:wallbash: :wallbash:
try mainwarings.co.uk fone first and tell him steve wood told me to fone you ask for rob:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pi$$es you off when stores hold no stock. It's like paying double just for the sake of a middle-man who offers poor service.
http://www.gerrysfishing.com/shop_details.asp?productID=5386&tabID=
http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_188_1103
http://www.poingdestres.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/418
http://www.swiftys-fishing-tackle.c...21&PHPSESSID=b1e9da9d3c2ab6743eafbaa96f36e855

Bell them and check before ordering. I do this all the time now as most stockist are no longer stockists at all. Just another profiteer with a posh front-end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:Hi All, recommend" Gerrysfishing " for really good service. Ordered a penn rod and reel on a Sunday evening, in my hot little hands in Aberdeen before lunch on the Tuesday. Same scenario a couple of weeks later with a floatation suit.:clap3:

Bashfull

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Want bad service try a shop at Eastbourne pay for a Zziplex in advance and then sit and wait it`s been posted on here before,but for warned is for armed,post the bad shop`s then watch them pull there socks up, it soon gets arround == PAT

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Unfortunately drop-shopping is a growing industry, particularly on purely on-line sites. I ordered a new flashgun last week from a UK website, it was only when my order had been processed and the money debited from my account, that I discovered the unit was in stock in France. If I hadn't paid for expedited delivery, it would have taken a week to arrive.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
ordered ron thompson shelter 2 weeks ago from local angling shop told should be in next week fine. next week no shelter.now the middle of april at best:uhuh: .phoned veals only red ones.dont want a red one .a weeks wait at least for other colours plus 5 days till i would recieve it.arghhhhhhhhhh
What's wrong with a red one? Or are you a tackle tart and want to "look good" on the beach? If it keeps the wind and rain out, who gives a ff what colour it is! :uhuh:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's wrong with a red one? Or are you a tackle tart and want to "look good" on the beach? If it keeps the wind and rain out, who gives a ff what colour it is! :uhuh:
:) me look good on the beach lol.had the chance to buy a red one just thought its a bit bright.daft really as i fish mostly nights.just did not like it at the time:)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got one whooooo and its not red.took the kids out today and on the way home spotted south norwood angling shop in portland road .abrupt stop,sorry to the car behind.popped in and guess what a blue one in stock done deal.thanks all:clap3:

·
Registered
865 Posts
sorry to hijack the post...........

I odered an abu sports mag at the start of October with one 'online' company!!

was fobbed off again and again by the company - was told there were none in stock - was patient (too patient maybe!?!?!?) and waited ad waited for the reel to come in stock - never turned up!

I got fed up of being fed bull***t and cancelled order a month ago and am still waiting for the refund that was agreed!!! Emailed them last week to enquire where refund was - haven't had a reply yet!

I find it hard to believe that one of the biggest online mail order compnies have not had one of the most popular reels in the UK in stock for nearly 6 months!!!

Sorry to moan - any suggestions on how to get my cash back!!!

Dan

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont know how to get your money back dan,but think alot of companies settle all at once at the end of the month.frustrating give the money want the goods

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
sorry to hijack the post...........

I odered an abu sports mag at the start of October with one 'online' company!!

was fobbed off again and again by the company - was told there were none in stock - was patient (too patient maybe!?!?!?) and waited ad waited for the reel to come in stock - never turned up!

I got fed up of being fed bull***t and cancelled order a month ago and am still waiting for the refund that was agreed!!! Emailed them last week to enquire where refund was - haven't had a reply yet!

I find it hard to believe that one of the biggest online mail order compnies have not had one of the most popular reels in the UK in stock for nearly 6 months!!!

Sorry to moan - any suggestions on how to get my cash back!!!

Dan

Threaten to name and shame them on here; see if that works.

F*ck it, name and shame them anyway!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
agree lets have a public execution!
once these tossers have your money stowed away
they dont give 2 hoots about customer care!

that and you will give us the heads up about the company!
the pen is mightier than the sword !!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
All i'm saying is.............it's a company based in the south west of england - that's your lot!

If I don't get my money back by the end of next week - I may reveal more!
give the bloke his money back,and stop taking the p::s,bloody cheek.:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmmm I think you should name and shame really... you wouldnt want anyone else to send this place their hard earned £ to lose too would you?

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Dan it helps to name and shame this shop,other members will then avoid it and not make same mistake you dont have to name the shop, just give the area (town) we all know most shops as to wait from October is takeing the proverbal
mail them and say they have seven days to return your money,failing that it`s a County Court summons,bet you have your money back next day,AND DONT BE SHY THEY TOOK YOUR MONEY == PAT

·
Registered
595 Posts
i agree with you maywood we seem very quick to heap praise on company,s when things go right so why not name them when its not so good steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts