World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us are heading down to Carradale in Argyll and Bute at the weekend. I usually fish it in the summer catching doggies, mackeral and Pollock. Anyone got any idea what will be around at this time of year and what baits to use. We'll probably be taking mackie, squid and mussel for bait and see whats available to dig when we get there. Was hoping there might be thornies or bass about but not sure if they are there or how to target them if they are. Any help very much apreciated. Cheers JohnJ

·
Registered
775 Posts
You may find doggies and codling about - I think you will find the bass are a bit further south right now. Thornbacks could be coming in but they are usually a bit later on. This has been a mad year though - sea temperature is about 9 degrees now when it is usually less than 5. No wonder we had a mild winter - the weather can't get cold if the ocean next door is twice as hot as normal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply jda. The weather/temp is def changing. Spent more than a few days this winter fishing without the winter gear on:unsure: . Hope the Bass/Thornies have moved North/in - my luck says they won't have though. Cheers John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts