World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi staying at arnside for a couple adays at end of july,could anyone give us info on marks to fish and bait shops etc. Cheers

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Hi staying at arnside for a couple adays at end of july,could anyone give us info on marks to fish and bait shops etc. Cheers
i'll do my best before your post slides down the page.

arnside has been hard to forcast due to channel changes over a period.
you can fish the tide, or low water, - i prefer low and would suggest below the bottom car park behind the coastguad station.
you would need to get bait in morecame at either gerrys or morecambe angling. species flounders. bait, -- lug or rag tipped with mackerel.
TAKE HEED of notices about quicksands and incoming tides.

enjoy your stay:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
They are often caught within a rod's length of the shore. No blasting one off to the horizon needed here:fishing1:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Low water always best in my opinion as been said back of coastgaurd hut or under the arches of the bridge. Fish into the pool on either side.

And be prepared to get a bit dirty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fished the little pier yesterday a few flounders about, if you can get a visit to sunderland point 30 mins down the road bring a fork and dig some creeper in the gullys it has always been the bait for arnside. I live 1oo yards from the best creeper gullys so if you get in touch I will meet up and have a cast with you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi .hegs gettin down to arnside sun late afternoon will fish mon depend ing on the tide what time.will fish near the coast guard stn.il have frozen lug squid tip as bait.see ya there.cheers

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Rushy (used to post on here) once posted a report from Arneside showing him catching 4 or 5 flatties on worm tipped spinners. Where is the best place in arneside to do this?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Rushy (used to post on here) once posted a report from Arneside showing him catching 4 or 5 flatties on worm tipped spinners. Where is the best place in arneside to do this?
bang smack behind the coastguard station at low water. but not with this volume of water. small meps or small flying c. dont let the lure drag along the ground.:nono:

G

·
0 Posts
bang smack behind the coastguard station at low water. but not with this volume of water. small meps or small flying c. dont let the lure drag along the ground.:nono:
That's where and how I caught my first sea fish:)

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Why is that? Wouldnt some puffs of sand interest fish? Or is it snaggy?
it tends to attract attention of bailiffs and fishery officers as well as other anglers. because :nono:fish get foul hooked. [often on purpose]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts