World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just been on ebay looking for bits and bobs ,,has anyone tried the artifical baits as in peller.. worms ect ? and are they any good or a waste of money i think the ones i looked at were called berkley gulp

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
if you type BERKLEY GULP into the search forums box , you will find lots of info on it there .

most it saying DONT USE IT .

i personally have tried it withot success .

·
Registered
71 Posts
used gulp lugworm[redish type] at a comp. off east weymss last year, just gulp worm on hook, got bites , small podleys[coalfish], 1/2lb. biggest,so the fish are atracted to them

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
used gulp lugworm[redish type] at a comp. off east weymss last year, just gulp worm on hook, got bites , small podleys[coalfish], 1/2lb. biggest,so the fish are atracted to them
I tried peeler nuggets from ebay and never had a touch, but when i used the real thing i had 3 decent flounder and a small bass, so i personally wouldnt get it again, but i think it could depend on where you try it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only success ive had is with the green 'fish n strips' . Caught a couple of small codling at Buckhaven rocks. Never really tried them again since!! But they did work!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
keep it natural! its not that hard to find and at very least not hard to buy!
i heard fishnstrip was ok with whiting but how hard up ar ya that you
cant get hold of a frozen macky?
ther ar no wonder baits mate, keep it real!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi,
I tried Lincolnshire peeler Bass special out of Bradwell, using fresh Lug one a chuck, using LP not a bite.

I've used the green Fish n Strips in Cardigan bay, it works for Black Bream, the skipper explained that the Bream were grazing on the weed so he was not suprised it worked.

Lazy lug, Tried not a bite, thrown over the side.

Can't go wrong with natural baits.

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts