World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A shortish trip plugging over [email protected], fished 6.30-9.15pm and a nice low tide. Met Epsomfisher down there with a plugging rod and waders, good to see you again even if we didn't recognise each other to start off with.

Not much happening to start with and I gradually waded further and further out, tried going subsurface but weed prevented that working so I stuck with surface lures. I thought it was going to be a blank but I eventually found some fish on a crease in the current missing the first few takes, hooking and landing two nice schoolies of 1.25-1.5lb, loosing another and missing a good few more takes all to a popper. Not a great strike rate as I had about 10 strikes at the lure for 3 hooked and 2 landed but a decent amount of action even if I'm still left trying to break the 2lb barrier for a lure caught Bass this year, despite having had over 20 to lures so far.

Another boat grounded beside me, partly to blame for this one as the foreign skipper of the sail boat asked me how deep, we settled on 70cm and he said his draught was 60cm, 70cm all over he asked, yes I said, less than 10yds further on he had grounded. Poor old boy had to strip to his undercrackers and push the boat in towards the harbour, luckily he was helped by a load of wetsuited guys who were coming in just behind him as I was far too busy trying to catch Bass :whistling

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,034 Posts
nice report Andy, i'm sure it won't be long before you break 2lb mark with the amount of effort your'e putting in mate.........glad you didn't cut your session short to help the fella in the boat, now that would've been damn crazy:sneaky2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts