World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we are, . . . finally! December to mid April is a long time to be straining at the leash. Solent Warrior is afloat and looking 'as fit as a butchers dog'. Phase one of the re fit is complete, just? Great weekend in prospect, might be a bit bright? Who careas after 4 months of graft, all work and no play!!!!

Its time to play, I have got to service the engine, not been don for the previous 18 months whilst she laid idle. Very gratifying that, when she was re launched on Tuesday after the long lay up, she only needed one turn of the key to come to life! A couple of hours should see the a simple oil and filter change taken care of, then all the fishing gear, safety equipment loaded, excitement!!! Lock out, run down the river, blow the cobwebs away.

Sunday morning bright and early, its the serious business of fishing, hoping there are still some fish about? A nice sunny calm day, good company, loads of boat type brews! lovely, might even catch a fish:fishing: Here I am, 60 in a couple of months and I'm still as excited as a Birthday boy:roll1:

ET's OPO

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
cracking boat mate, when i win the lottery i want one just like her.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The boat is a 'Newhaven Sea Warrior 28ft', now made by the same company that mould Mitchells, and renamed 'Mitchell 28'. The new MkII is a bit special, if you like 'pocket cruiser/fishing boats'.

ET's OPO

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Looks to me like no cobweb would ever set foot on there, any offending spider would be compelled to walk the plank! My front room could do with a similar refit if you are available!:whistling:
blueskip

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi thats a brillient boat absolutely fantastic its something we all hope to have one day cheers andy

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
what a buet of a boat,,,,i must start doing the lottery

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats the service don, was a tussle getting the !!!****!!! oil filter off. After 18 months it was stuck fast, suspect the previous owner did not coat the seal with fresh oil before screwing it on?

But we were rewarded with a very satisfying 2 hour shake down cruise up the river. Perfect oil pressure, spot on water temperature, 17.5kts max. manufactures state 17kts with 180 horses. Reality was a very good economical 12kts at 1850 rpm, and 13.5kts at 2000rpm cruise. These are figures one would expect from a new boat not one 25 years old! :)

So yes, I have a smile from ear---to---ear:clap3: Boats on the 'Towers' were catching fish today, plenty of cod from 5 up to 10lb, roka are there in force, best today 14lb! Standard bait; 'squid', I have a freezer full, roll on seven in the morning:fishing:

ET's OPO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lovely looking boat mate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts