World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/cockle-pickers-back-redcar-one-18638448

Didn't take long for more to turn up. The damage caused will be excessive. People traveling 6hrs to collect shellfish is crazy, it shows they must have wiped out their local areas. I saw large numbers of people collecting what I presumed was winkles at Saltburn last week, even though out of season, maybe I was wrong. These locust need banning. I for one am not eating shellfish ever again at the buffet.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Chinese again .... i will bet my bottom dollar they will be back again over the next few days , they are big 0.5 ebbs now , if not at redcar they will hit hartlepool .

There was 5 what looked like albanian/iraqis down around our neck of the woods last tides . Taking everything that moved . It isnt just the chinese nationals its a mix of foreigners Who come to our coast and think it is ok To take everything with a shell .

but hey lets not say anything cos certain members will call us all racists ......

Oh and them bloody bait collecters turning rocks and leaving them turned ruining the environment and killing all the common shore crabs they take for bait .. ( legal may i add ) eh they are the main problem in all of this aint they ....oh the irony ‘
WE DONT NEED NO EDUCATION ‘ .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting the article.
It's also interesting that they returned to Redcar, assuming it is the same people, only weeks later probably knowing that they will escape persecution. Sounds highly likely of organised crime. Whether they return to Redcar is uncertain, but they may look to other parts of the coastline with easy transport links to exploit. Worth keeping an eye out for sure.

On a positive note, at least the fisheries officers were on the scene to catch them. Though I don't suppose 40(?) people clambering on rocks with buckets in hand are too difficult to identify...

·
Registered
353 Posts
As has been mentioned on this subject , it's the so called gang masters that force them into it , whatever it is, fines or something to deter them is required, not just Chinese though , have seen Eastern Europeans take everything they catch , the carp lads have reported them taking carp , they'll eat anything that moves .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts