World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday morning, well late morning, well early afternoon if im being honest, saw me gingerly open the curtians to see if summer was still evident. It wasnt, it was raining, and the wind had gone westerly. In an instant I knew that the little voice in my head would start to get louder "the nessthe nessthe ness, ok then, looks like im going fishing tonight.

And so, at 8pm I arrived on the hallowed grounds, baited up the 4/0 pennels with lug and launched them seaward.

Firts couple of casts saw the rod tips rattleing away to the tune of the inevetiable hoards of whiting.

I was then joined by Jimbo Jones, and talk of cod was the hot topic as we wound in yet more whiting.

The ebb tide began to run hard, 'this is it', I thiught to myself, if the cod are going to show, now is the time. I waited, and waited. Another rattle, another whiting. Then, the rod tip bounced, not a lot, but enough, then again, and again. This was too much for me, I picked up the rod and took up the slack and set the hooks.

Hmm, there is something there, but it dosent feel quite right. No nodding, but defiantly something.
Turned out to be a whiting of around 12ozs, hooked through the tail! No wonder it felt funny!

That was to be the only excitement of the night, but ill be back on the shingle soon, especially if these winnds keep up.

Sorry there are no pic's, if things get really bad ill put some whiting infront of the lense.

·
LURE TOSSER
2,769 Posts
Wont be long now shirley, blowing a goodun here at the moment.
Thats the most you have posted since last winter so you must have that "single barbel spotty fish feeling" back:punk:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wont be long now Shirl and we will all be down there with you doing a bit of whiting bashing.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just remember.

If at first you don't succeed (get yourself a parrot). Oh sorry that should be try,try,try again!!!!!:doh::yeah::wiggle::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
here we go again wind is blowing a good un was cold outside today in shorts and tshirt ...so by my clock that makes it COD oclock!!!

im looking at starting my campaign this friday the water temp is colder than normal there will be a nice big sea with plenty of colour all we need now are some cod more deluded than myself and it will be a good night!!!

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Water temp is normal for this time of year.

·
Registered
281 Posts
they cant be to far off now my m8 had a lovely codling last week on them big tides from sandgate beach at a guess it woz 2.5 -3 lb real stocky fish realy fat

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
'Gingerly open the curtains' I thought you were on about your new hair doo :spiteful: I think you've got a little more heartache yet Mr Codlin' but as they say if you throw enough mud ........ :punk:

·
Registered
175 Posts
God I love posts like this, good read Shirley, shame you didn't catch a cod, there is always next time, Oh, by the way, thanks for leaving the cod and thinning out the whiting, I, like zipplex am venturing to the hallowed grounds on Friday, my gutt is saying Denge or Galloways but my head says between the point and the look out tower.....

Guess it's Ting for luch on Sat.....

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
sunday morning, well late morning, well early afternoon if im being honest, saw me gingerly open the curtians to see if summer was still evident. It wasnt, it was raining, and the wind had gone westerly. In an instant i knew that the little voice in my head would start to get louder "the nessthe nessthe ness, ok then, looks like im going fishing tonight.

And so, at 8pm i arrived on the hallowed grounds, baited up the 4/0 pennels with lug and launched them seaward.

Firts couple of casts saw the rod tips rattleing away to the tune of the inevetiable hoards of whiting.

I was then joined by jimbo jones, and talk of cod was the hot topic as we wound in yet more whiting.

The ebb tide began to run hard, 'this is it', i thiught to myself, if the cod are going to show, now is the time. I waited, and waited. Another rattle, another whiting. Then, the rod tip bounced, not a lot, but enough, then again, and again. This was too much for me, i picked up the rod and took up the slack and set the hooks.

Hmm, there is something there, but it dosent feel quite right. No nodding, but defiantly something.
Turned out to be a whiting of around 12ozs, hooked through the tail! No wonder it felt funny!

That was to be the only excitement of the night, but ill be back on the shingle soon, especially if these winnds keep up.

Sorry there are no pic's, if things get really bad ill put some whiting infront of the lense.

ya gotta be in it to win it

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
what a weird bunch we are, my misses thinks I'm mad getting exited about big winds and bad weather and the good news is it's meant to be hanging around for a good few days which will really stir things up ready for the weekend :clap2::clap2:
I know its early but could this be the ideal start to cod 2011?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shirl check out wind guru for the ness I can smell the cod in the air I will be there on Monday for LW 18.27 :bounce:

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shirl check out wind guru for the ness I can smell the cod in the air I will be there on Monday for LW 18.27 :bounce:
I know, great isnt it.

More chance of monster bass than cod, but you never know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brighton and Hove is screaming Bass at the moment the surf is fantastic.

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
I fished Brighton last night for bass. Too much surf and weed. Blanked!

Shirl, after this cold summer the water temp is just under 18 degrees.....which is normally the sea temp....IN OCTOBER!!!!!

October + 18 degrees + SW storm = COD.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I fished Brighton last night for bass. Too much surf and weed. Blanked!

Shirl, after this cold summer the water temp is just under 18 degrees.....which is normally the sea temp....IN OCTOBER!!!!!

October + 18 degrees + SW storm = COD.

taadaah ...see i dont always talk *******s lol:punk::punk::punk:

·
Registered
991 Posts
will give it another month befor i catch my first of many this year lol whiting thats is going to do it properly this year and go on the right tides and winds snd maybe i might just get them like shirl

1 - 20 of 32 Posts