World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At bloody last! I got me my first sole in the eye of the storm.
I was warned but i went anyway with my mate Nicky to our local sole mark. The wind howled and didn't stop but only got worse. After a few early school bass, nick noticed a few slow pulls on my rod. This had been happening all night anyway due to the weed and a good surf. so i half dismissed it as the wind. When i reeled in to bait up, i felt the flicker of a fish.....then it went mental.....it was then i knew my first sole of the year was on the cards.
She went 1lb11oz, quite respectable for the time of year.
She fell to big rag baits on a wishbone rig.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Nice one , and like you say quite a respctable size. im still waiting for my first one this year,not that ive tried yet, proberly wont target them for a little while yet though, worth braving the weather for i say:clap3:

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
well done dude !! got my first on the 4th jan (new pb too !), had quite a few keepers since but none that seemed worthy of keeping after the pb !

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW: well done m8, now its all downhill?
Cheers. I hope not. I have had 1 fish over 2lb every season for about 6 years on the trot so i`m hoping to carry on the trend. I have to beat my 2lb6oz PB this year. :g:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Nice one mate, what a cracker to start the season with!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well done dude !! got my first on the 4th jan (new pb too !), had quite a few keepers since but none that seemed worthy of keeping after the pb !
Cheers. I did see a pic of that monster. Hope you can beat it mate.
Nice one mate, what a cracker to start the season with!
Cheers, they do seen quite large early in the season here.
More in the way of numbers but smaller around mid june.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice one :clap3: Wish we could see them around here in the numbers we used to, like slayer said they're tough to target for us this time of year. Sadly I think I've seen my PB come and go ....sigh

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
No no no, when I said "its all downhill now" I did not mean tttthat they would get smaller, but that the first sole of the year must be the hardest to get (and so early too) so what was an uphill struggle has now got easier hence the downhill phrase: f--k you no what I mean.

They used to get bloody gert doormats our way (in the nets) over 4lb and hundreds of slips

1 - 16 of 16 Posts