World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left this morning at 6-30 am to travel to kirkton beach to try and break my duck started fishing about 9-30 ish and to start with was catching flounders this lasted till about 2-30 WHEN at last landed my 1st turbot though only small it was good enough to break my duck, then another one followed then another again small but a move in the right direction, Then to my surprise a sea trout followed, and again a flounder, THEN BINGO my first keeper a 30cm turbot to say i was over the moon is a understatement On the beach i met blue toon and had moved to another mark on beach when tony master arrived sorry tony did not feel like walking the length of the beach again but we will meet soon and have a right chat So two new species for me today and i would like to thank all forum members who gave me valuable info about kirkton CHEERS RAB :wiggle::wiggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wee Done Rab!! Chance you'll stop yer whingin now, ha ha!!
We'll have to think of another target for our days away now.
Cheers, Dod.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Congratulations! The first one is always the most elusive, but it's like having an extra birthday! :thumbs:

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
well done on your catches mate,nice sech,was a fine day for your first turbot,pity wasn't a bit more movement in the water.
regards
tony

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Nice one! and congrats on the sea trout, I have fished there loads and never caught one.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well done on your first turbo good feeling when you get that first one, a fish i have not caught yet and nice sea trout.By the way where is Kirkton beach.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kirkton is on the north side of peterhead just about a mile short of scotstoun and again i must say there is no signs of any mess left by anglers all beaches in that area in my own experience are litter free keep up the good work :clap::clap:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
well done rab ,you have gone fae nae turbos tae catchin a whole shoal of them !next target is a 3lber ,they are there !
cheers rab

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hope to get up to the meet in a fortnight all being well and really rab enjoying ma fishing now to think aboot a year ago wiz gonna pack it all in what a diffrence a fish makes cheers Rab

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
hope to get up to the meet in a fortnight all being well and really rab enjoying ma fishing now to think aboot a year ago wiz gonna pack it all in what a diffrence a fish makes cheers Rab
aye mate ,give the matches a swerve for a while ,brings back the interest in just going fishing and trying new places .worked for me !
may come up with you in a fortnight depending on the forecast.will let you know nearer the time.
cheers rab

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Well done mate

Cracking looking fish there and good report

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was up Kirkton last Saturday - had turbot or flounder almost every cast - small and no keepers. Had one good plaice that was a keeper (yes, it surprised me, but definitely a plaice - I can't show it to you becuase it's inside Ben now!!)

We fished the incoming - but when the tide was 2/3 way up the beach the weed was just getting silly and we packed it in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts