World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anyone ever owned one of these? There isnt any in my area, and I dont know anyone who has one! I wanted to know what they are like, I have read they take the weather well, but what are they like for stability? Hauling a few lobster pots off the side etc, and also weigh carrying. We do a little herring netting, so wondered if they can take some weight on deck? The local lads use orkney 19s/ 23s and tactile 21s, so they are semi displacement boats, while the atlantis is a true, deep v planing hull, I just wondered if anyone has ever loaded one up? Cheers Beany

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello, has anyone ever owned one of these? There isnt any in my area, and I dont know anyone who has one! I wanted to know what they are like, I have read they take the weather well, but what are they like for stability? Hauling a few lobster pots off the side etc, and also weigh carrying. We do a little herring netting, so wondered if they can take some weight on deck? The local lads use orkney 19s/ 23s and tactile 21s, so they are semi displacement boats, while the atlantis is a true, deep v planing hull, I just wondered if anyone has ever loaded one up? Cheers Beany
Big Ben who postes on hear has an Atlantis, i have been in one very good sea boat fast and little slaming but not sure if they would be suitable for hauling in pots or nets.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi @beany01
I have one.
As Jim says. Great sea boat and plenty of space for fishing!
I’m in Weymouth so if you wanted to take a look you’re welcome. I think you’re In Norfolk though?
There’s a charter angling guy in Brighton who uses one I believe who is a little closer.
I’m possibly going to be selling mine as the mooring situation has changed yet again so am probably going to look for something that will sit in a mooring all winter.
Any questions drop me a PM.
Happy to help.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi @beany01
I have one.
As Jim says. Great sea boat and plenty of space for fishing!
I’m in Weymouth so if you wanted to take a look you’re welcome. I think you’re In Norfolk though?
There’s a charter angling guy in Brighton who uses one I believe who is a little closer.
I’m possibly going to be selling mine as the mooring situation has changed yet again so am probably going to look for something that will sit in a mooring all winter.
Any questions drop me a PM.
Happy to help.
Hello, thanks for the kind offer. I contacted the manufacturers and they told me that it’s not really suitable for what I want. They do look a nice boat, but are designed to be a fast angling vessel in poor seas, what they do brilliantly I’m told, but I need them to carry a fair bit of weight, and the centre of gravity is too high. Thanks anyway, Beany

1 - 4 of 4 Posts